Sign in to follow this  
Death_Korps

Cooler master water cooling

merovingian    0
Mosfet is easy however please someone send me a link to the ram blocks. Ive seen the CAD.DWG of some ram blocks but havent seen an actual block. The DWG's I saw would only allow 2 sticks in dual channel. The block is to thick for dimms right next to each other.

Why? Why watercool the ram? And those voltage regulator waterblocks? LOL! That's just funny. :lol:

Dark-Rain    0
Mosfet is easy however please someone send me a link to the ram blocks. Ive seen the CAD.DWG of some ram blocks but havent seen an actual block. The DWG's I saw would only allow 2 sticks in dual channel. The block is to thick for dimms right next to each other.

Why? Why watercool the ram?

Because you can?

merovingian    0

Because you can?

True, why not watercool your soundcard aswell?

Equinox    0

RAM is the bottleneck of the AMD machines for OCing. What limits the BH5 is voltage. All the new BH5 ram needs active cooling. So, in other words. Having shitty ram while OCing is like doing a dogsled race in on a concrete freeway. No matter how good your dogs are you will never get them up to speed because the sled is dragging :). To get higher voltage you need better cooling. The new OCZ is rated at 3.6v. My redline is only 3.5v, even though it's seen 3.6v.

As for cooling the mosfet. When you bring the volts twice as high as the proc there is room for major voltage destablization. without good cooling to the mosfet there is a high probability that your ram will start to crash the machine at high OCing.

Componet cooling that improves stability in order

1st CPU

2nd RAM

3rd Vid card

4th mosfet "northbridge for intel, Haha; sucker"

5th chipset

HEAT IS THE ENEMY!!! IS'T NEVER FAST OR COLD ENOUGH!!!

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

yup he said it best, heat is bad thats why you stick a big 120mm fan over your ram to cool it cos BH5 can easily reach over 50 degrees mosfet normally hit 70, ram cooling is very important especially for stable overclocks, and if any of you say thats why they have heatspreaders now i swear i will slap you.

Teebor    0

You mean I have been overclocking my memory all this time and the heatspreades I paid so much for are not doing anything at all?

So I might as well just get rid of them ?

:twisted::roll::lol:

** Readies fishing rod **

merovingian    0

RAM is the bottleneck of the AMD machines for OCing. What limits the BH5 is voltage. All the new BH5 ram needs active cooling. So, in other words. Having shitty ram while OCing is like doing a dogsled race in on a concrete freeway. No matter how good your dogs are you will never get them up to speed because the sled is dragging :). To get higher voltage you need better cooling. The new OCZ is rated at 3.6v. My redline is only 3.5v, even though it's seen 3.6v.

As for cooling the mosfet. When you bring the volts twice as high as the proc there is room for major voltage destablization. without good cooling to the mosfet there is a high probability that your ram will start to crash the machine at high OCing.

Componet cooling that improves stability in order

1st CPU

2nd RAM

3rd Vid card

4th mosfet "northbridge for intel, Haha; sucker"

5th chipset

HEAT IS THE ENEMY!!! IS'T NEVER FAST OR COLD ENOUGH!!!

Huh, well maybe so but lets take a look at a few things first. I can run either 578@2-3-3-7 or 400@2-2-2-5 with regular heat spreaders at 2.9v with perfect stability. Multimeter says my voltages are well with in spec without anysort of cooling for my voltage regulators but who knows.

Ram the bottleneck for AMD's?

Zebo's memory matrix

See, so between PC3200 and PC3800 there is little if even noticable difference in speed/frame rates, etc. Now people want to add crazy voltages to their ram and watercool it? It just seems like a little much. I have recently put together a fairly extensive watercooling solution using a 7800GTX, 3000+ Venice on a triple 120mm radiator. I benched each component before and after and really it comes down to some performance increases over a solid air cooling solution but not much. Mostly it looks cool, very quiet, but I won't be keeping the components long enough to find out if they actually last longer. I suppose at the end of the day while it makes a difference, it just seems to me the money would be spent better else where. No? Has anyone seen benchmarks for these watercooled ram sticks? I would really be impressed just seeing a reputable site review the technology and provide benches. Also the voltage regulator, if the multimeter says the voltages are solid under stress than I don't see how watercooling them helps but perhaps I'm not seeing the whole picture. :)

ninuhadida    0

i saw a guy somewhere on the net, which cooled the cpu,nb, vga, sb, ram, voltage regulators, hdd and the psu, it's a bit insane lol, not sure i would want to have just wc in a system, since other components need cooling, like capacitors, and so on - and wc'ing a psu ? not really what i would like to do.. since he was cooling only the regulators that were originally stuck to the heatsinks.

oh and another thing, not sure if i would want to spend $$ on extra stuff that can do without wc;ing, like the ram and the psu, i mean c'mon a quiet fan is enough to cool down the stuff..

Death_Korps    0

Well it looked awsome and everything but thinking about it

PSU + WATER = problem, any leaks and you could easily serge and destroy ur pc,

then again im sure distilled or inert liquids would solve that problem.

Also if Ram is a bottleneck would the cooling and voltage mods be worth it, would you get the extra fps in games or would the stability go tits up,

sorry but im a n00b at overclocking so