Sign in to follow this  
GodOfCheese

How often should the Aquagate need topping off?

GodOfCheese    0

Is the fluid prone to evaporation or boiling over?

I've had to top off my aquagate several times over the past year-ish, each the result of the indicator shutting down my machine.

I've checked around all the connections and there is no evidence of leakage, so it seems like it'd have to be boilover or evaporation, but the tank temperature is WAY below boiling (down in the 40s).

How often do others find that they have to add fluid to the Aquagate?

Thanks!

-Dave

ninuhadida    0

several condition can help in losing liquid.. like if your room is in direct sunlight, if you leave the pc 24/7 on, and etc.

how many times did you need to refill the aquagate ?

GodOfCheese    0
several condition can help in losing liquid.. like if your room is in direct sunlight, if you leave the pc 24/7 on, and etc.

The machine is definitely a 24/7 box, and the room does get a fair amount of sun (for the Seattle area, that is... :wink:).

Not sure offhand, but I'd guesstimate 4x over the last six months? It seems like an awful lot for what would otherwise appear to be a closed system.

ninuhadida    0

The machine is definitely a 24/7 box, and the room does get a fair amount of sun (for the Seattle area, that is... :wink:).

Not sure offhand, but I'd guesstimate 4x over the last six months? It seems like an awful lot for what would otherwise appear to be a closed system.

well when i had a wc kit, by another company i needed to refill the system every month, it didn't have a reservoir just pump, block and rad. my room is in direct sunlight all afternoon, even tho i'm using black out curtains it still does get hot.

also if i'm correct the aquagate isn't a closed loop, i think i read this from a post by bigbadbns..

ninuhadida    0
A closed loop system doesn,t just "loose" water, you aquagate is probably leaking, mine did like crazy brand new out of the box...

you'll loose water by time, yes. and i'm not sure if the aquagate is a closed loop or not, might be confusing this with another product but there's some contact with air to get rid of any air bubbles.. not sure tho

ccrunner84    0

The aqua gate is a closed loop system, once you put the cap on the tank there should be no outside air contact. Like I said before, I bet if you pull the cover off the system it'll be leaking at all the crappy pressed seals.