Sign in to follow this  
Nycromes

Side Panel Question...

Nycromes    0

I have a CM ATC-200 Case and I saw the Praetorian Cases are very similar to the server case which I own, although there are a few major differences that I noticed as well. I wanted to know if the side panel with window here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-755&depa=0

will fit on an ATC-200 case. I see that it is approved for the Praetorian case. The shape is identical to my case, but I am not sure of dimensions. Hopefully one of you can help me out, as I absolutely love my case, but want one with a window as well. I tried to search and see if anyone had posted a similar question before, but the search turned up nothing. Hope that this isnt a repost of this question.

Thanks in advance,

Nycromes

Nycromes    0

Thanks, I appreciate it. I know that the case is old, I was hoping that perhaps someone else may have asked a similar question. Thanks again,

Nycromes

-=Draven=-    0

I'm planning on buying wavemaster case and I want a clear window side panel, but the panels are only available in blue and green tints. Some say that the green tint one is the clear window panel, but in my opinion, it looks pretty green to me. :?

zerospace    0
I'm planning on buying wavemaster case and I want a clear window side panel, but the panels are only available in blue and green tints. Some say that the green tint one is the clear window panel, but in my opinion, it looks pretty green to me. :?

In that case, I'd say buy a windowless wavemaster & cut your own window. At least then you can mount it however you like as well.

merovingian    0
In that case, I'd say buy a windowless wavemaster
:D

pun intended?

& cut your own window. At least then you can mount it however you like as well.
:shock:

If it's black paint can it be cut? I really have no idea but in my business the waterjet can damage laminate or are we talking about the raw metal version of the wave master? Also, how would you cut the metal?

I'm trying to picture you with a touch in your hand but I can't, then again I couldn't picture a girl building her own computer and modding it before I met you. So does your BF cook and clean or what?

zerospace    0

:lol: no pun intended originally. yes, I know I don't fit the stereotypical female role, but just picture this... I'm a blonde, too. haha.

I'd cut it with a dremel. If you want to keep from marring the surface around the hole, I just cover the panel with painter's tape and then draw the lines for where you want to cut. I did this to cut a top window in another aluminum case. When you're done with the cut, don't remove the tape yet, but then you take a file (I used a bastard file and then some hobby sanding films to smooth it off - turns out nicely if you take your time and do it right :D)

and no, my boyfriend isn't exactly the domestic type... its not like role reversal or anything. He builds and mods computers right along with me. Of course, I got him into it. :lol:

So, anyway... hope that clears a few things up & if you want to see what I look like, see the 'post a pic of yourself' thread... mine should still be up.