Sign in to follow this  
maademperor

whats the best way to stealth a CM stacker drive?

Sub-Zero-1    0

you have to remove the rails and mount the drive with screws. for that you have to drill new holes behind the standard holes, like i did--> Obsidian Spire.

-_JonA_-    0
since the rails dont let it go back very far, what is the preferred way?

I just made a bended piece of wood, who I stick on the drive (removed the front bay), the bend was equal to the bend of the frontbay of the stacker, and I've cut off the deep side of the front bay, So I only have the bend of teh frontbay, and it fit in teh rails with screws (at the farest). Sorr for my English, tried to do my best... somewhere on this Forum are some pics of my stelthed frontbays, http://www.coolermaster.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1105&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=525

maademperor    0

thanks guys, I had already gone ahead and resigned myself to drilling holes...did you drill holes into the CASE, Sub-Zero, or into the optical drive itself (so you could the screw it in using one the existing stacker holes??

And, yes, I'm quite familiar with the Obsidian Spire :D

Sub-Zero-1    0

hi,

look at this pic. you can see that i drilled the holes into the stacker, behind the original holes.

HPIM1532.jpg

I´ve cutted the 2 plastic fixations of the bezel and then i´ve mounted the bezel(with hot glue)

HPIM1146.jpg

HPIM1147.jpg

Sub-Zero