Sign in to follow this  
shah120

WaveMaster questions.

shah120    0

I am planning on either getting the WaveMaster or TT Tsunami (I know). I can't seem to decide between the two.

--Is it possible to convert the back 80mm fan on the WaveMaster to 120 or 92mm?

--Is there going to be a new version of the case coming out soon?

--I saw that you can remove the panel on top and replace it with a fan. Can I move those easy slots somewhere such as the bezel?

--Is it possible to achieve clean wiring?

--Is it possible to add a fan between the PSU and the front drives?

--What can I do to reduce its weight? (TT is lighter and I lan a lot)

--Is it possible to change the front door to make it silver on a black case? How much would it cost?

How is the case cooling compare to TT?

Thanks.

Kahobi    0

I can right away tell you that all the fan stuff is possible, it all depends on how much money you want to spend. I dont know if CM would special order a black case with a silver door, you might just have to get a silver case and paint it. Almost all of it depends on how much time, money, and creativity you have.

As for weight, well, is'nt the case alluminum? I dont think you can get much lighter.

Kahobi    0

Unless you want to get an adapter, and mount the fan outside of the case, it dosent look like you have much of a chance of switching the 80mm exhaust fan to anything bigger. If your good with sheet metal or acryllic you might be able to make a home made adapter for the inside. More work that I think is woth while. maby mount a fan on the case door?

The reason why TT is lighter because it has plastic and WaveMaster is ALL AL. As far as the fan being able to switch with 120, i will have to agree with kahobi.

1) possible.

2) Yes, we're looking into a Wave Master2.

3) No, unless you do some modding.

4) Yes, and this goes for all cases. I think achieving clean wiring comes from the users and not the case.

5) If you remove the top I/O panel you could install a fan there.

6) Put some plastic in the Wavemaster?

7) If i have some parts i might sell you some.

Last question, i have never seen the TT in person so i can't answer. Perhaps someone who has both could do some testing?

Kahobi    0

I think the case temp really varies depending on what you all have in there, and what kind of air flow impedence there is. depending on what kind of CPU cooling and Video card you have will affect it quite a bit, same as how many HDs you have.