Sign in to follow this  
rjerina

MSI P4N Diamond compatible CPU coolers?

rjerina    0

I am wondering if anyone has any info on what coolers will fit on the MSI P4N Diamond. I know the coolers that will fit it are limited due to the layout of the board. Any help is appreciated! :)

Are you afraid of the capacitors getting in the way of the CPU cooler? The Hyper 6 + might wook because the base and the aluminum stacker fins have some gap to them. Might want to measure the capacitors to see how high they are.

rjerina    0

bigbadbns, this thread was mainly for people who have P4N's and know exactly what will fit. i am worried about the hs running into the very close northbridge hsf and the capacitors. according to a few reviews, the stock intel hsf just about hits the northbridge hsf

i dont really need guesses, as that would be wasting my money if someone is wrong.

rjerina    0

no. i'd appreciate you keeping the cpu wars out of my thread too. i have been an amd user for 6 years. i know what i am doing.

besides, you cant beat getting a $220 intel board for only $150 brand new

Equinox    0
no. i'd appreciate you keeping the cpu wars out of my thread too. i have been an amd user for 6 years. i know what i am doing.

besides, you cant beat getting a $220 intel board for only $150 brand new

Ok, no CPU wars. How about chipsets. Intel is the one that determines that capacitor row. It is difficult to change that row for engineers unless they want the board to have traces even longer than they are now. With any incremental increase of the trace can cause major fluctuation. So, you see it is a cpu issue. Look at all the 775 chipsets. All the ones that have good specs will all have such a tight row. If you really knew what you were doing you would know that almost any cooler will work including vapor systems. Tilt the board sideways and it will be obvious! The only systems I know that wont work is cascading, DI, or LN2 because of the inefficiency of the capacitors at those temps unless there is serious insulation as the 7.22Ghz was in. There's brackets for just about anything. If your limited by what people tell you, you may just own an intel. I hope this answers your questions fully and there wont be a need to question people who are just trying to help you with comments like "bigbadbns, this thread was mainly for people who have P4N's and know exactly what will fit". :roll:

ninuhadida    0

are those 3 capacitors high ? i can't see exactly how much they're high, cuz of the angle of the photo.. it's kinda hard to say it will / will not fit. maybe seeing reviews of the board might help, cuz of the reviewer mentiong the cooler used while testing the board.

and Equinox, sorry to say this, but i HATE INTEL BASHING. i never said anything about amd, so PLEASE stop the bashing. i don't wanna turn this thread into a war, but, intel can do the job better than amd in other applications, and if this guy here got the intel board, he's not gona change it cuz you say so.