Sign in to follow this  
Black Phoenix

About Aquagate...

For the ones that have the Aquagate i need to know some things...

1st - How this cooling method performs in the reality?

2nd - Can i add more that a water block? (Thinking on CPU, NB and VGA)?

3td - How much noise it produces?

4th - For the ones that have it, it's a good buy?

Thanks for the time put at my disposal...

Dark-Rain    0

Hi BP,

Firstly, the Aquagate is a really simple "entry" level water cooling solution designed in an easy to install single unit and for that reason it isn't as effective as a build it yourself solution purely down to size of radiator/tubing/air flow. As long as you don't overclock or have a processor which generates buckets of heat (P4 LGA775 3GHz+) then it should keep your CPU at a fairly reasonable temperature.

Next bit, you can add Northbridge, GPU, hard-drive and the trident water blocks onto the system but bare in mind that with the cooling performance of the AQ being sub-standard you shouldn't really add a block to anything that generates any real heat.

With the standard fan it is audible on level 2 and on level 3 sounds like a mini vaccum cleaner. I got round this by changing the standard 80x25mm fan with a CM Neon Blue 2500rpm fan which seems to produce good results on setting 2 at almost no audible noise :)

Lastly, after my Standard air powered cooler and getting temperatures of 32-40 whilst gaming and idle, i am very pleased with the setup and hope that the AQ2 will be able to support a larger array of blocks, addittions and maybe even overclocking.

Any users with experience from changing from a sub-standard air coolig solution to the AQ please post your experiences below this...

Hope this helps...

madneon    0

I am running my aquagate on a 64 3000+ at 2.6 for some time now temps are 40 ish stable not looking to break any cooling records but it does work. The auto shut down feature is a good selling point ( if you loose fluid or it over heats it will turn off your system) I did have it cooling my Gpu as well as my CPU a while ago also in the loop was a BIX rad but it was a ATI 9500 and a XP 2500+ temps were not that great I never tried that setup with my new stuff. Over all I like the system dispite what some folks may say just google it and read some reviews of people who actually tested teh system..

I had done that in google, but as we know a lot of reviews are not the most r€al ones... Some distribution companies pays up to give good reviews about a product that they sell... So the real user feedback is the one i'm interessed it... So no more feedback?