Sign in to follow this  
babetech

Project - !-HTPC

babetech    0

I want to start a new project...

i plan to build a HTPC - System - it should be build of white plexi. The Front should cotain a card reader and a 5" TFT Display, all switches should be touchless.

The built in DVD-Drive should get an extraordinary touch so i plan to build a drop out mechanic that lifts the complete DVD Drive through the Top of the Case - like those old VHS Recorders.

The Top and the Side panels should get motorized too....i think that i lift them up and then to the backside of the case..... i know very hard to imaging but pictures will follow....

the system gets a watercooling solution with a self build Reservoir and a self build radiator on the back of the case......

up to now i have prepared all acrylic case parts so that i can build the first parts up...

htpc1.jpg

htpc2.jpg

htpc3.jpg

htpc4.jpg

htpc5.jpg

htpc6.jpg

ID    0
The built in DVD-Drive should get an extraordinary touch so i plan to build a drop out mechanic that lifts the complete DVD Drive through the Top of the Case - like those old VHS Recorders.

That is VERY cool. Please keep this thread updated, I'd love to see this. Then maybe one day I'll try it myself...

babetech    0

thanx a lot !!

for the internal dvd drive i made a first sketch, how the mechanism would look like and how it should work:

zeichnung.gif

i´m going to build a first prototype of it today...

babetech    0
you will post pics, right?

SURE! :lol:

i think i can add some pics of the prototype in a few hours i build it of some plexi i already have to test if it works like i´m thinking.

Teebor    0

Cool, a lil scissor lift design.

This is going to take me way back to the old days of vhs vs beta max.

I cant wait to see it, is the whole drive going to lift out or just enough for the cd tray to operate?

Just a thought, with all the cables for the drive might be easier to just "pop" the front up? instead of the whole drive?

I'm just thinking all the cables at the rear might get in the way. :wink:

babetech    0
is the whole drive going to lift out or just enough for the cd tray to operate?

i plan that the complete drive should move out.... the thoughts about the cables are good but i think i´m gonna solve that problem with a little plexi box around the cables so that all cables are covered...

here is a picture of a small test scissor system, i know it looks like crap but it works fine... i think i´m going to build a final version of it in the next couple of days....

dvdexit1.jpg

and here is a picture of the small tft i´m going to integrate in the front part of the case

htpctft.jpg

knud    129

It starts looking nice! 8)

I'm excited about the TFT in your case, I find that always cool if people do that 8)