Sign in to follow this  
Stang

Question about new coolermaster NV block

Karma Ghost    0

Newegg user reviews on the block include some info that may be of use to you:

N/A, 9/9/2005 7:32:42 PM

Noozles too small, create bottle neck and restricks flow. dispite that it still works well for the money. Evga 6800gt oc'ed to 425/1200

running 47 idle 52 full load

Oh yeah, really be carfull and resist the temptation to over tighten the mounting screws.

Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4Rating + 4N/A, 8/23/2005 10:09:36 AM

great waterblock, no install problems encountered besides tension on screws.

*** please make sure when installing not to overtighten screws , they will warp the video board ***

the block has reduced by GPU temps substantially from 65-68c under load to 50-55c.

no load its running 48-50

video processor is BFG 6800ultra OC.

my one concern is the heat sync, the material used (copper) is a very good heat transfer however the memory heats up very very hot and might have benefitted from a larger heat sync.

Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5N/A, 8/17/2005 6:50:52 PM

Have an evega 6800GT which was running at about 55-60C, looked around and this was the best thing i could find, very happy with the quality and the AWESOME price. The copper heatsink is pretty nice, and does not use the stock fan to cool it. The water block is nice, and like it said fits the thing perfect. Install was a little strange, but easily done in 15 minuites. Im running the Bigwater system and it dropped the GPU core temps to 45 and is steady. Didnt really notice much diff. in the CPU temps. Great product especially for the price.

Stang    0

thank you karma, I had already read 2 of those when i ordered it, musta missed the other.

Would anyone atleast be interested in me writing up a little review to put up in the customer review section? I plan on puttin one up on a few forums, if you are interested I will place it here also

ninuhadida    0
thank you karma, I had already read 2 of those when i ordered it, musta missed the other.

Would anyone atleast be interested in me writing up a little review to put up in the customer review section? I plan on puttin one up on a few forums, if you are interested I will place it here also

yeah sure that would be nice for customers to read :D