Sign in to follow this  
mw

PC Speed Test

mw    0

Just wondering how many of you guys and gals use a bechmarking program comparing other systems on a sort of league table???

I know this exists but i was wondering what each member uses :- when someone says i have the 772nd fastest pc on earth , how do they know this ???

Maybe a stupid question but i want to post my system to see where it scores against others ... Idea using oc'ing to guage if it is faster than a more expensive computer!

zerospace    0

Hmm.. interesting question. I don't benchmark my PCs to compare them to others--my main interest is whether or not my PCs can handle what I throw at them. :)

Wacft    0

3dmark seems to be the app of choice when doing benchmarking. i dont think id build a comp to be a couple points higher than someone else though. just as long as i can play vid games. :D

RaptorFury    0

for graphical benching 3dmark gunmetal , auqa mark 3 are good choices , pcmark sisoft are good file system type benchmarks . i use these to get a idea of what performance i am getting and to see how much i gained from a setting or for stability testing . currently my specs are :

Msi kt880

Amd Xp 2200 mobile 200x12 = 2.4

512 ddr 333 memory supertech

Leadtek 6800le at 12pipes 590 core 980 mem ( i can unlock all 16 pipes but i need more volts to stabilize it bios flash will cure that)

Sb audigy sound card

Wd western digital 80 gig hdd

i average out 11158 on 3dmark 03

and 3610 on 3dmark 05

Image1s.jpg

mw    0

ok ok thats interesting , BUT wouldnt you be pissed if some guy was using the same specs but achieving a much greater score or rank (whatever) !

This was what i was wondering - so you could compare your pc to say the government , nasa, army etc or a jap supergeek with the quad sli thingy and frozen core...

I think we should embark on a global speed test for pc's............... :roll:

Wacft    0
ok ok thats interesting , BUT wouldnt you be pissed if some guy was using the same specs but achieving a much greater score or rank (whatever) !

This was what i was wondering - so you could compare your pc to say the government , nasa, army etc or a jap supergeek with the quad sli thingy and frozen core...

I think we should embark on a global speed test for pc's............... :roll:

dude you are taking this too seriously.

dracos    0

What's the point really??

Bragging rights?

Only people with connections in the industry or LOTS of cash have THE BEST systems out there..

I don't think it is a fair comparison really... how can you compare computers from different income levels? You really can't.. the guy with the most money will always win..

dracos    0

Brains don't have much to do with it anymore...

You can pay someone to build you a top of the line system now, quite a few companies have cropped up that will build your system for you, and a custom case to go with it.. just give them your money!

RaptorFury    0

that maybe true but its all up to the end user in the end . if he has no knowaledge on how to push a machine or how to fine tune it then its just a normal comp with high end parts . take for instance my video card i paid 130 dollars for it and i am darn near doin what a 6800 gt does at half the costs . like a car you can have all the best stuff in the world on it if you dont know how to use it is it really worth it ?