Sign in to follow this  
c-howdy

cooldrive6 fan control

c-howdy    0

Hi ! :D

I've buy cooldrive 6...

Now I want to control the system fans from cooldrive, but on the cpu I have a cooler fan with manual speed control.

After cooldrive 6 installation I can remove this manual fan control ?(simply removing the fan control from the pc front panel or cutting the wire from the fan ?)

Thanks

(sorry for my bad english) :lol:

zerospace    0

What is your CPU cooler? It might help in determining if you can switch the speed control over to the CoolDrive...

Or - how is this included fan speed controller hooked up to the CPU fan?

ninuhadida    0

hmm i think he's referring to something like the jet 4, or the aero blower. you gotta cut off the cable to the front panel 3.5" (the variacble resistor) and connect them together. will post a link, which is better explained, when i find it :wink:

EDIT: here you go :wink:http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?L ... &serial=41

that's done with an ag1, but same for the cooldrive

c-howdy    0

Hi ! :D:D:D

Thankyou very much, yes ninuhadida, the fan is like jet 7.

For connect with cooldrive6 I must cut the speed switch from the fan and connect the power cable to the cooldrive ? Is not the yellow wire that get the fan speed ? :?

Thanks again

c-howdy    0

Hi ! :D:D:D

Thankyou very much, yes ninuhadida, the fan is like jet 7.

For connect with cooldrive6 I must cut the speed switch from the fan and connect the power cable to the cooldrive ? Is not the yellow wire that get the fan speed ? :?

Thanks again

ninuhadida    0

nessuno problema, signore :D hehe :P

cut of the 2 wires that are connected to the resistor, than connect them up, just solder them or something. then cut of the other wires (4 pin molex or the 3 pin) probably you have a 4pin molex which have the positive and negative connected to it, and a 3 pin just for speed detection. you'll end up with a positive, negative and the yellow wire (for speed) cut off the end of the extension from the cooldrive, which is a 3 pin, and it should have either pos and neg, or pos, neg and the yellow wire. connect red with red, black with black and yellow with yellow, and you're ready to go :wink:

hopes this help :D

c-howdy    0

Hello again :D

I've another pc with cooldrive 6 and I need to connect the dualstorm fan...

the dualstorm have more wires... and the power is supplied by a 4 pin connector...

Someone can help me :oops: ?

ninuhadida    0

cut off the 2 wires from the 4 pin molex and connect them with the cooldrive (just like the other fan) if it has a yellow wire conenct it with the yellow wire from the cooldrive (3rd wire) and if it has a manual fan speed control cut the variable resistor, and connect the two wires together :D