Sign in to follow this  
NoobBuilder

Will this CPU fan size fit in my P. 730 case.

NoobBuilder    0

here is the height of the heatsink im considering. Because the hyper6+ doesnt fit. its 145.5mm in height and 100 something in with i think. the CM hyper6+ is 150mm, the other one has about 4mm of space is that fine or is that way to close. And with something that high can i add the side vent Fans??

knghtbrd    0

Bryant says the Hyper6+ just barely doesn't fit with the stock side panel and the mobo/CPU they tried (he didn't say which those were), and that it did fit with the window sidepanel.

I would say that a 145mm cooler should fit, though it's going to be very close, and you'll not be putting any fans over the CPU if you use one that big.

My 730 will be here soon, but until then I don't know how you'd deal with it except to use either the window panel anyway or get a stock non-vent Praetorian/Wavemaster side panel. I've got one from a PAC-T01 murdered by some idiot with a dremel but I may be using mine on the new 730 when it gets here for the same reason.