Sign in to follow this  
DrSpock

Help Please - PCI cards + Stacker STC-01

DrSpock    0

I recently bought a cm stacker to replace an older and smaller chassis.

The case is great, except for the MB/PCI back assembly.

No matter what I do, the PCI cards (and PCI-X graphics card) do not properly seat down all the way. It's as if the PCI casing for the cards inside the stacker case is millimeters too tall.

The rear of the cards sit down fine, but I know that the fronts are lifting up a bit. It is especially noticeable on the Creative soundcard, small bits of gold contact points creep up towards the middle of the card.

I do not want to use the cards half-seated. The system DOES boot up with the cards seated the way they are currently, the cards do not seem to be causing problems (again, we're talking millimeters here), but I know they're not down all the way.

Can someone please help? I saw the post about the PCI brackets from other users, but it seems that was because the DUAL DVI graphics cards people had did not fit in the slots. I have a dual DVI graphics card, and mine fits (the screws on the outside do not contact the PCI brackets). It's just this other problem, poorly seated cards.

Thanks.

RaptorFury    0

hmmm , u could use the lil red washers on the part where the pci slots are progessivly work from front to back so basically from front to rear , none , 1 washer , then on the absolute back ones ( by the pci ) put in 2 redwashers on all back screws , or if it is brand new you could see if an Rma is in order ... i wouldnt run ur comp with pci cards not seating properly .

Hi Drspock Welcome to the forum. I also have a Stacker and So I took a look at mine and determined that there are two possibilities either someone dropped your Stacker or your motherboard is in installed incorrectly. So if you double and triple check to see if is installed right and you find it to be correct, them you need to take the case back.

The Stacker is so well built that if it has been dropped and there by misaligned you will never be able to realign it yourself And I agree with RaporFury Don't boot it with the cards like that you're just asking for trouble You could temporally chosen the screws near the bottom of the motherboard until the sound card fully seats. That is if we are only talking millimeters. And like i said only temporally. Good luck and let use know how it goes

Infinity    0
No mods helped me with my thread either.

We don't work for coolermaster and don't know everything about their products and proceedures. There's a few coolermaster employees who drop in here when they have time, but for technical support you should contact coolermaster directly via email or phone.

Keekles    0

We don't work for coolermaster and don't know everything about their products and proceedures. There's a few coolermaster employees who drop in here when they have time, but for technical support you should contact coolermaster directly via email or phone.

This I was not aware of. This is the Offical Coolermaster forum, and I simply figured there would be some people. I am aware, that others have had their issues addressed by CM employees and I guess this is where I made my assumption.

It was "notoriousbigs" who requested I go through the work of making pictures, and then made no further response.

From the pictures, it looks like your standoffs are too short. Go to an electronics store and get longer standoffs, or shim up your standoffs by putting a washer between the standoff and the motherboard tray.

I fixed the problem by bending the locking portion of my card completly back. Nothing was too short, it was just being stopped from fitting by the PCI slot panel. Which I should not have to do any of for a case in the price range.

dharm    0

This I was not aware of. This is the Offical Coolermaster forum, and I simply figured there would be some people. I am aware, that others have had their issues addressed by CM employees and I guess this is where I made my assumption.

It was "notoriousbigs" who requested I go through the work of making pictures, and then made no further response.

if you do some searching on the forums, you will come to realise, cm has shitty support...

if you fire off some emails, dont expect replys or expect irrelevant ones...

dont expect help from notoriousbigs.... hes helpful at first, but when it looks like you find a resolution, hes not gonna respond anymore... not that hes not active, hes one of the most active people on the forums... i just dont think he gives a damn...

its better not to come to cm forums when you need help, cause you just see reasons why you shouldnt have bought a stacker