Pentium 521

ECS PF4 extreme

2 x 512mb Syncmax ddr2 533mhz

Forsa 256mb 6600

Samsung 160gb Sata

Seagate 60gb Pata

Nec 2500a

Cooler Master Rs-430-PMAR

Recently built the above system and every thing is all fine. I do a lot of video/audio conversions + downloading continuously for 24hrs and have the computer on for many days even wks without ever having a problem.

However, recently i notice some funny readings from speedfan v4.25 on the 12 voltage...it read:

Vcore: 1.33v

+12v: 5.72v

3.3v: 3.34v

Vcc: 4.99v

Vin2: 0.00v

5Vsb: 4.93v

Vbat: 0.00v

does that mean i have a faulty psu or is speedfan simply reading it incorrectly???? Any other software that can confirm my voltage readings?

i also read that theres a software that can stress test a psu and measure the voltages....i cant recall the name but i think it begins with the letter O, any one has an idea?

thanks

mc2003    0

i know a multimeter would be best but I dont need high accuracy....i just wanna know if my 12v rail is giving out around 6v so that i can RMA it.....so basically i just need something to confirm my speedfan reading. It prob would be like very accurate but only around 6v is a big diff to 12v which is what it should be going.

Any other software to recommend?

ID    0

My guess is if your 12V line was operating at 6V, you would have noticed it by now...