Sign in to follow this  
suicycoslayer

Power supply help

I am trying to figure out what size power supply to purchase. Anyone know any links that could help me figure out the math.

I got:

Chaintech Zenith 7NJS

AthlonXP 2500 @ 3200

Powercolor ATI Radeon 9600XT Ultra

AVerMedia AVerTV PVR M150 PCI TV Tuner

512MB PC3200 DDR

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS PCI Sound Card

CDRW/DVDRW Combo Drice

DVD Drive

SAMSUNG 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive, Model SP1614C

CM Musketeer

CM Aerogate II

4 Dual ccfl (4 ccfl, 4 inverters)

4 80mm fans

1 80mm Vantec Tornado fan

Thanks in advance.

viperj    0

I can tell u what i use on my Pc so u can figure out if the same power supply I use could fit your "Energy Requirements":

AsusP4P800, p4 3ghz@ 3.4 ghz,1 GB Kingston HyperX,2 HDD Hitachi 250gb SATA, 2x HDD Hitachi 160GB ATA, CM Aero4, 5 CM neon led fan case, AerogateI, Musketeer, Nec dvd2500, JLMS 166 DVD,Asus ATI9600XT, Asus WL 130b, Teratec Aureon 5.1.

Power Supply: ENERMAX EG465P-VE

Maybe u should go for a 500W Enermax, but all depends on Money too 8)

viperj    0

Well if CM would start building power supplies..... you could think of buying one, otherwise specs for the PSU you suggest are lower than my 465W,and what's worse is that they are lower than 365W model, so i would suggest u go for quality on PSU.

Grump    0

suicycoslayer,

Not all 500W power supplies are equal. The power supplies you linked to have a lot of bling-bling, but aren't so good in the quality arena. Not only that, pay close attention to what you actually get for $99.00. Everything is an extra charge, including the warranty.

I doubt Cooler Master could manufacture power supplies. They would have to be an outsourced product branded with the Cooler Master logo. If they outsouced to a company like PC Power & Cooling, that would be great, but there are a lot of companies putting a 500W label on a PSU that hardly warrants a 365W rating.

[EDIT]

Grump

ifly61ce    0

I agree with Grump, he mentioned PC Power and cooling. That is what I have, actually this is my second PSU from PC Power and Cooling.

An ATX 510, they rate there power as Sustained power not MAX power like many others, plus there power is very stable. the 510 will actually put out like 650 Max. It is Pricey but why skimp in the Power that is running your whole system.

Mark

Joey    0

I think the heart of PC system is the power supply. Thus, the quality and power capacity are key issues when you want to choose a PSU (Power Supply Unit). As I know, most of power supplies that they are relabeled and their power capacity is not truth. By the way, most of high wattage power supply do not meet UL 240VA standard. It means V * I can not exceed 240VA. It is very easy to check on rating label. Hence, I suggest you to choose a real-power power supply. For your configuration, a 350W or 400W power supply is enough.

The best one i have found is the hiper power 470watt psu :twisted:

epidemik    0

me personally will always use a 450+ watt psu

ive got a 450watt its doing its job quite nicely , I think its a no - name brand btw all sleeved green UV

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

Enermax noistaker 470

Enermax Coolergiant 480

OCZ powerstream 470

Hiper 480

Hiper 525

CM 450

Antec units around hte 450mark