Sign in to follow this  
madneon

Getting the Aquagate VGA cooler

knghtbrd    0
ok then, i say the aquagate can cool the cpu, vga, chipset, and hard disk. happy ?

A system with parameters CPU, video card, chipset, and hard drive exists such that the aquagate provides adequate cooling. This statement is true or CM would not have released the product. However there are trivially systems that could exist for which the aquagate would be inadequate.

The question remains whether the aquagate is sufficient for any particular given system. Water cooling is done for two reasons in particular: Noise and performance. There exist air cooling setups that are very quiet, and there certainly exist other water cooling setups that provide better performance. The specious benefit of water cooling being somehow hard-core is also lost given that the aquagate is widely regarded as inadequate for high-performance setups.

All in all, I think most everyone will agree that if you want a solid water cooling setup, you're better off if you forgo the aquagate and buy the desired components piecemeal.

balilu    0
There is not one product from cooler master that doesn't do what they say it can do.

You're 100% correct

Cooler master and I say that the Aquagate can cool a CPU GPU CHIPSET and hard drive all at once! I believe it and so does Cooler Master.

i havent ever heared that coolermaster say that the Aquagate can cool CPU GPU Chipset and HDD so you're wrong because Aquagate was made for cooling one component only, mainly the cpu but it can be used for gpu aswell or hdd only ;)

ninuhadida    0

noisxe and performance - 2 things that the aquagate 'lack' performance - lets say mid-end performance if you have only 1 cpu, but to cool down other things, not even worth speding the money for the unit + other blocks. noise - very noisy (i'm not a guy that can't accept a rig that is whsiper noise, but high frequency noise, no thanks sir.) on setting one it is silent, but is it capable to cool down the cpu, vga, chipset and hdd that sir.pissalott is saying it can ? no. setting 3, and you'll have an aircraft taking of from your desk, and is it capable to cool down the 4 blocks ? barely.

otherwise cm has done a good job about the blocks, but they need to release a version of there blocks, which come with other barbs to suppost different sizes.

POLO    0

Just buy two aquagates!

I bought one for my CPU (Athlon 64 3200+) and Northbridge (A8N-SLI D), and a second one for my VGA (BFG 6800 Ultra OC).

All temps stay below 40 C while gaming (CS:S) on 1680x1050 (Dell 20.1 2005FPW) with all HIGH settings, but no AA or AF.

custom_1sm.gif

custom_2sm.gif

This is my first post, so just wanted to say HI,

I Love Cooler Master products, and my computer is all decked out with only Cooler Master products!~!

Very nice POLO on several points. Your

rig, the idea of two Aquagates, And your appreciation of their products quote from balilu: I haven't ever heard that cooler master say that the Aquagate can cool CPU GPU Chip set and HDD so you're wrong because Aquagate was made for cooling one component only, mainly the cpu but it can be used for gpu as well or hdd only

And balilu the support of cooler Master Products. All so Cooler Master had on there web site a flash demonstration showing all four water blocks hooked up. I assumed that meant you could do it. So go look at it , It's pretty cool.

I was going to get another Aquagate, But I was going to have them support each other not independent. But i was going to have one lcd monitor GPU and the other monitor CPU. Thx again it's nice to see someone support Cooler Master products on the Cooler Master forum.

And welcome to the forum. And you need to show me how to post pictures so I can show my rig off too.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

hte main problem with the aquagate is the cost since its a water cooler and is expensive people think its great, but the cost of two, you could buy a seriously better diy kit for htat.

They're $119 apiece! http://www.users.qwest.net/~aclin/aclin.htm This is my first web page! I'm so brand new at this so please let me know if the link works and that I'm correct in setting it up. If this all works I plan on buying a digital camera and making work logs of all the modding I'm going to do. and don't get mad at me if this is the wrong place to post it.

ninuhadida    0
hte main problem with the aquagate is the cost since its a water cooler and is expensive people think its great, but the cost of two, you could buy a seriously better diy kit for htat.

agrees 100% with that 119x2 = $238 which you can get a serious kit from DD for that price.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

ninny no mentioning competitors, you have to be vauge like me. how do you know thats the aquagate 2? and are those plastic barbs on the vga block, for shame.

POLO    0

Well those DIY kits are not moblie, or can fit into two 5.25" bay. So if I ever plan on getting a Stacker then I won't have to have them outside the case.

Also, There is barely enough room for a good DIY kit in my C5. I know you can get a 5.25" bay resivior, and put the pump soo close the the window it looks like it is humping it. Plus compared to other "all in one box" kits, two cooler master aquagates from ebay (coolerplant) are still cheaper.