Sign in to follow this  
madneon

Getting the Aquagate VGA cooler

ninuhadida    0

i'm very wary about cracking, yes. i don't want to lose my long-to-get pc lol. even if cm can get me new products, i still wouldn't like see a crack in the wc block :P

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

yea i have to put back my w/c setup again as i need a computer for uni which is going to hurt my bank balance, still no hard in making a radbox, fishtank and wood, sorted.

Mr. Miyagi    2
yea but with cm's current product failure rate for itsblocks cracking

You can't say that from judging posts on this forum. People come here to post on problems, so of course you're going to see more stories about problems than success.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

yes that was rather snide of me, i've seen alot of people compa,ining about how they wished they hadn't bought an acrylic topped block.

Back to the original question! Yes you can run both your CPU and GPU through the Aquagate. I would run it in parallel not in series. But either way will work fine. I don't know why people worry so much about the pump. It's a very good pump and so is the Aquagate.

ninuhadida    0

all external, or ready kits (like the aquagate) IMO aren't great compared to DIY wc'ing. so you're saying the pump is great.. ok - i never saw the official L/hr but i'll say it's around 90-120L/hr. as for the rad.. how can you saw it's good to cool a prescott and a 6800gt with just an 80mm ALU not CU, even a cu version will have trouble cooling down those heaters, and we're talking about alu :? also the heat will be dumped back into the case again, opposing 60% of the DIY kits, which are mounted on blowholes exhausting air out from the system. you wil be able to cool down your cpu and gpu, but you'll be able to get better temps with a good air cooling solution (like the hyper 6+)

@sir.Pissalott: yeah run them in parallel and that pump will just give up after a couple of weeks. aquagate was designed for just a cpu cooling when it was made, but cm said that it is able to cool down other cores after producing DIY blocks. again it will be able to cool down the other blocks you add, but it won't even be worth spending money on the aquagate when you can get better temps with air cooling..

Parallel is easier on the pump not harder, less back pressure. I'm talking parallel lines not pumps so just add a Y or better yet a manifold. And you are mistaken about the gpu and cpu they can both be cooled. And if properly installed it is impossible for air cooling to work better than water. water dissipates heat 25 times faster than air. Try not to argue with physic you'll just look foolish. I've been cooling thing at refineries and nuclear power plants for over 25 years.

ninuhadida    0

look i'm not argumenting that you haven't been to your famous refineries and nuclear power plants for how many years you've been, it doesn't take much common sense that the aquagate isn't capable of cooling down an fx55, 7800GTX (especially in SLI) and the chipset. yes water dissipates heats 25 faster than air, but you'll need to cool it, not with a tiny 80mm alu rad that the aquagate have.

http://overclockers.com/articles766/index02.asp

read that and you'll know im right

you might wanna see this too http://www.insanetek.com/index.php?page ... per6plus_5

There is not one product from cooler master that doesn't do what they say it can do. Cooler master and I say that the Aquagate can cool a CPU GPU CHIPSET and hard drive all at once! I believe it and so does Cooler Master.