Sign in to follow this  
madneon

Getting the Aquagate VGA cooler

madneon    0

Now the question is should/can I run it with just the aquagate ( now I did run my aquagate with cpu/vga blocks b4 and temps were not too bad 45-51 load BUT it was with a xp2500+ @2250 and a ATI 9700 pro also overclocked. In the loop I also had a black Ice extreme rad. Now with my new setup amd 64 3000+ with a leadtek 6600 GT ya think it will work again or should I get a seperate pump just for the gpu....

ninuhadida    0

it won't work very well. my suggestion is that you cool the cpu with the aquagate you have (don't use another rad in the loop) and then you can use the rad for the vga only, get a pump and the blocks for it. cuz you're making a lot of difference in heat output :wink:

RaptorFury    0

no need to go dual loops , i would scrap the auqagate ( srry CM but that thing needs help when cooling multiple things ) and go with a more powerful cooling solution , or you can use the auqagate parts rad , curitry , and add a larger pump ( like a 170 gph ) larger res , and add a second rad then use the cm water blocks on the cpu , gpu (s) then ya be set ... imo what kills the auqagate its just not quite powerful enough of a pump or large enough rad to handle more then 1 thing ( Cm did a good job on designing it tho compact etc. etc. ) but they should build a seperate component one with larger rads ..

ninuhadida    0

cm produced great blocks IMO (but i'm scary of the acylic, cuz so many people had problems with it cracking) but yeah, sorry aquagate isn't good to cool down everything... IMO i won't even get it for the cpu only. if cm can produce an aquagate with a higher flow pump (700l/hr or more) and a cu radiator, preferably a 120mm one, then i'll really start to think about it. as for the blocks, they did a real good job, and they're universal not like many other known companies. i think i'm gonna buy 3 blocks for my system (cpu, nb, vga) but i'm still looking and searchin especially cuz many people came here saying that the lid cracked, and tmrw 99% i'll get a 6800gt flashed to ultra with just heatsink on it no fans (cuz my friend ripped it, but i can't give up the deal - $130)

madneon    0

I have already used this Aquagate with a( 2500 Barton---9700pro gpu---Black Ice Extreme 120mm Rad---Aquagate ) and it kept the temps in check 50-51 under load and my cpu and gpu was highly oc'ed so the CM Aquagate can cool more than one piece. That was not the question I was just wondering should I do it again with the new stuff and I have had several DIY kits already I have had this kit for a few months it seems to be holding up.

RaptorFury    0

not with a athlon 64 based system and a nvidia 6 series card .. i seriously doubt it could handle both . and 50 - 51 on a Axp is a lil high what kills it is the pump gph on the auqa gate , so making it useless to add to it , to low of pressure , Cm's blocks run great under a high flow set ups ( like Denger den Has or Swift tech ) but crappy preformance on a low flow setup ( Cm curent set up ) use there blocks use the main Auqagate but lose the pump and replace it with a min of a 170 gph and then that system would fly , showing lil stress fractures which most clear thru tops do , gotta remember its getting heated then cooled heated then cooled , is ok its bound to happen , cracking it occurs when someone over tightens the barbs into the top when they see a small sign of a leak from there, solution : use a small amount of silicone on the threads and rethread it into the block no leaks ....

ninuhadida    0

i might but the cm cpu block and the nb cooler... they look great. only prob i have (i think) is that my pump (700l/hr) and cu rad (120mm) have 3/8" barbs and the cm products are 1/4" like the aquagate... and i can't change the barbs on the nb or vga cooler cuz they're made of plastic which is directly connected to the block... :( as i said earlier tmrw i'm gonna get a 6800gt flashed to ultra 99% and i was looking for a block for it. there's one that costs $120 which fully cools the memory as well but i have questions about the design: worth the $120 tag ? any guarantee that the core won't heat the memory as well ? the cm block for the 6800gt looks promising cuz the memory/core is seperated but i would have liked to see the ram cooled with wc too. that wouldn't heat up the ram cuz of the water running along, not like you have direct contact from copper from the core to the memory. i think i'll have to use adapters for the blocks to work with my pump and rad. if there's a way of using 3/8" tubing it's better cuz more water is pumped through

RaptorFury    0

yes it is and if its 1 of the 2 i am thinking its definetly worth the cash but they look totally tacky looking .

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

yea but with cm's current product failure rate for itsblocks cracking, i wouldnt even put it on an mx4400.