Sign in to follow this  
Equinox

Overclocking 7800GTX "volts"

ID    0
Have already returned a 6800GT that was modded! No issues what so ever.

Was it volt-modded as well?

I draw the line when it comes to this kind of mod. I mean, I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but if your card fails you should have to pay. It's one thing to RMA a product if you've unintentionally caused it to fail. I RMA'd a 6800GT after I reversed the molex lines at 2am. Even overclocking I can accept, as the software mechanism for overclocking is actually provided for you. But when you're tampering with the physical hardware and intentionally exceeding its specifications, you should be held responsible for any possible loss.

domoMKIV    0
I wouldnt leave the trimmers on. Common sence people. the RMA department im sure will not look for traces of modding. Have already returned a 6800GT that was modded! No issues what so ever.

its "sense", btw.

dracos    0

I got 520/1356 on Air....

And I only gained about 3 1/2 FPS...

So if I did the Volt mod and got 600/1450 I would gain what? 4 1/2 Fps maybe 5 fps??

I don't see the point of it, and I don't see it being worth it.....

Equinox    0

So if I did the Volt mod and got 600/1450 I would gain what? 4 1/2 Fps maybe 5 fps??

Turn software rendering off!

Equinox    0
I wouldnt leave the trimmers on. Common sence people. the RMA department im sure will not look for traces of modding. Have already returned a 6800GT that was modded! No issues what so ever.

its "sense", btw.

Thank you. I guess I should be proud of you sense english is your second language!

ID    0

Don't let the Italian flag fool you, domo here is from the US. But like many ethnic Italians, he has the inherent need to display the Italian flag anywhere possible. :wink:

palm521    0

well in this case it seems that the gtx is almost at the edge of its potential performance speaking///// they should make memory latencies a lot more agresive.. and crosiing fingers it does not get bottleneck from cpu hehe

ID    0

I sure hope it's not still on paper. If it is, the boys in Markham (ATI HQ) are going to be fading fast. What's the projected release date for the R520 anyway? I heard someone mention Christmas, but my guess is more like late spring of next year.