Sign in to follow this  
Equinox

Overclocking 7800GTX "volts"

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

cool R520 eat your heart out.

ID    0

170Mhz/250Mhz OC eh? Very cool. Though I'm not quite sure why you'd want to volt-mod a 7800GTX at this point. There isn't any competition around right now anyway!

Accidentally blowing one of these up would make the machine gods cry I would think.

Equinox    0
170Mhz/250Mhz OC eh? Very cool. Though I'm not quite sure why you'd want to volt-mod a 7800GTX at this point. There isn't any competition around right now anyway!

Accidentally blowing one of these up would make the machine gods cry I would think.

BFG. Garrenteed for life!

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

BFG charging more for less.

domoMKIV    0

BFG. Garrenteed for life!

So BFG covers user error?

ID    0

BFG will cover failure due to volt-modding?? I find that hard to believe. I'm sure volt-modding will void the warantee. It does with any other card manufacturer as far as I know.

Equinox    0

I wouldnt leave the trimmers on. Common sence people. the RMA department im sure will not look for traces of modding. Have already returned a 6800GT that was modded! No issues what so ever.

The more I think about it and the more I see peoples responses I think you souldn't try it. Prolly doesnt even work. I come to these forums and give you gold and you give me grief. Do as you will with the information. it's free! As are your comments on it!

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

No it does not cover it and technically its fraud, by volt modding a card you are operating the unit outside its recomend envoiroment so all warranties are void, same as overclokcing, any alteration to it voids warranties, wiht ram its different they're warranties are intact up to the reccomened speed of the unit for example G. Skills PC4800 ram, minutes you take it beyond that it voids the warranty or if you raise its voltage past its maxium value, or if you drop it below its tested minimum value.