Sign in to follow this  
mak45

Overclocking programme

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

well im old fashioned i like to use my bios. but most people use clockgen. google is your friend.

mak45    0

how speed should i overclock for 3.0GHz pentium 4 CPU

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

bump it up 2 mhz each time, bench see if tis stable, then bump it up some more if its not entirly stable up cpu voltage, go check for some tutorials on overclocking if your not quite sure as it will void your warranty and can trash your hardware.

RaptorFury    0

type in overclocking how to , or guides . in google nread , read , read ,read . before you attempt to oc anything . and i suggest just to start simple like start with the video card

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

nah jump in straight at hte cpu, thats waht you want to do.

palm521    0
which is the best Overclocking programme?

there is only one good way to overclock and achieve best results.. wich is bios editing.. u should b4 starting anything read a lot.. get to know your parts strongs and weakens.. learn how to understand the bios and how each field affect your performance..

as said b4, there is a lot of guides, start there.. and by all means do not try to copy others experiences. keep in mind that each piece of hardware is different even if they comes from the same manufacturer, and same model.. each cpu is different, some overclocks better some worse..

also keep in mind that overclocking if u dont know what you are doing can damage your hardware and in some cases warranty will be bye bye

ninuhadida    0

ok. i have no patience, so i won't wait to hit 2mhz every time boot, and test, that would take too much time. usually my oc'ing style is just add 400mhz to the cpu, then boot up and test, and hit another 100mhz, then when i start having problems i just return everything to stock... lol :lol:

aside from oc'ing does undervolting helps the cpu temp ? i read something and the guy got 20% less than the stock voltage temp. so i tried undervolting my p4, and damn i can't. stock voltage is 1.34v for the cpu and it's the lowest one. any thing else apart the bios that can adjust the voltage ? and if you set a lower fsb than stock will temps get lower ?