Sign in to follow this  
Flyfisher

Wiring diagram Cavalier T01

Flyfisher    0

G'Day, I have just bought this new case but am slightly confused on the front wiring harness. Some are self evident like speaker and fan but others are not. Is their a colour coded diagram to assist relative newbies in building their own machines? As you can imagine I am reluctant to plug them in anywhere on my new AMD64 system as i have no desire to end up with an expensive boat anchor. :roll:

PoiZen    0

I just finished assembly of the 03, the one without the sound pressure device. I did notice that the USB2 and firewire 1394 cables leading to the front connections are imprinted on the cables themselves, or at least the 1394 is, I quit looking once identified. Anyway the USB2 is the one with two cables in one, and the 1394 is a single. Also your motherboard manual should show front sound pinout, at least all of the MOB manuals I have seen have them. Mine went like this, pin1 is microphone in, pin2 is ground, pin3 is open, pin4 is mic power, pin5 is front right speaker, pin6 is rear right speaker, pin7 open, pin8 open, pin9 front left speaker, and pin10 is rear left speaker.

Sorry if this doesnt help you, I tried. For me the case went togeather fantastic, I couldnt be happier. GL

I just realized you were most likely refering to the power button, power LED, reset button, hard drive LED, and speaker. Unfortunatly just about every motherboard I've seen is different as to pinout. Your motherboard manual will show corespnding pin layout for the different connections. Are you concerned with the + or - wires?

Flyfisher    0

Thanks dudes and yes the ones I was concerned about are the green and white + and - as I already have a power cable and that aint it - it is blue and white and is marked power sw.

sorry for the delay I have been travelling but am itching to get my new toy up and running.

cheers :)