Sign in to follow this  
ninuhadida

hdd mounting 'device'

ninuhadida    0

ok guys, yesterday i worked on doing this thing, thanks to my father for helping (he's a blacksmith) :D

planforhdd.jpg

that's the plan i did b4 doing the actual thing :) it can hold up to 4 drives (with elastic stuff so no vibrations will be transmitted to and from the case.

hdd+rad.jpg

there it is :D now i'll do a wooden box for it, so it can hold and dircet airflow. it's gonna have 2x120mm fans one front one at the back and 2x60mm fans on the side to cool down the vertical drives. (i did the 120mm rad next to it just to see how big the thing is...)

and yeah you're saying that thing is huge for a case... i'm gonna do my own case, hopefully. it needs to be silent, and weight doesn't really matter so much, but lighter = better. i don't want to end up with 4 people to carry the thing :P

ninuhadida    0

hmm, was thinking about that.... i have access quite easy for this type of sheet of metal: http://www.monitorstudios.com/bcloward/ ... heet03.jpg

(not corroded tho :P)

only prob i'm seeing with that is how i'm gonna cut out the holes for the fans.... i don't have any holesaw cutters around, but i think using a jigsaw can work out.

and thanks for the heads up :D

Wacft    0

go with the wood, as long as you have enough airflow which it sounds like you will it shouldnt matter.