Sign in to follow this  
kmrivers

Aquagate fan replacement

madneon    0

Looking at the aquagate box they show it with the top off and there is a 3 pin connector in there not sure if its used by the stock fan ( will have to find the review on line where they took the top off) anyways my aquagate keeps my temps around 41 with 100% load on a 3000+ venice at 2600 so I guess its doing its job. The WB has a crack in it at this time will be replacing it with a DD maze 4 this weekend will update.

RaptorFury    0

running a DD on a low pressure set up , DD's are more for high volume pumps . well i cant tell ya wa wa block to go with other then Cm but there is one other block thats low pressure probably work perfect for Auqagate .

ID    0

You don't want a Tornado. Really, you don't.

MINE........WON'T...........SHUT.........UUUUUPPPPPPPP.

madneon    0
running a DD on a low pressure set up , DD's are more for high volume pumps . well i cant tell ya wa wa block to go with other then Cm but there is one other block thats low pressure probably work perfect for Auqagate .

Well I installed the DD WB and temps pretty much stayed the same. But I do understand your point.

I am looking for suitable replacement fan, does anyone have any suggestions?

I can't seem to find one with the same specs:

Fan Speed 2000 / 3100 / 4600 rpm

Fan Voltage Rating 12V

Noise Level 23 / 34 / 49 dBA

-_JonA_-    0
The Tronado is a power eatter. I don't think the Aquagate will be able to handle this kind of fan. If you just want to improve the air flow, you might want to add a 60mm fan in the rear by using the 4 pin molex connector. If you install the Aquagate internally, this will also help you to reduce the noise by turn down the main fan level setting lower. :wink:

I've installed one immedeadly (how do you write? :roll: )

see here a picture: dsc025042ye.th.jpg dsc024981eo.th.jpg

The Tronado is a power eatter. I don't think the Aquagate will be able to handle this kind of fan. If you just want to improve the air flow, you might want to add a 60mm fan in the rear by using the 4 pin molex connector. If you install the Aquagate internally, this will also help you to reduce the noise by turn down the main fan level setting lower. :wink:

How's the performance afterward?

-_JonA_-    0

I don't have any idea...

still have problems with the barbs of my GPU waterblock, zo I 'm not yet able to run it... hope it works fine... think it must, better airplow in the AG, at the front in, and at the back does the air come out...

-_JonA_-    0

How's the performance afterward?

the performance is pretty good... in idle (low power :-/) my P4 3.00Ghz has +-31° at fans speed 1... my Aquagate is now running for about max 1hour... does it say enough?...