Sign in to follow this  
kmrivers

Aquagate fan replacement

Karma Ghost    0

The dimensions of AQ's stock fan is 80x80x25mm. The fan you want is 80x80x38mm.

Unless there is that extra 13mm of clearance in there (I have never seen the inside of the AQ), you are out of luck.

kmrivers    0

yeah i didnt even think about the size. i was more concerned with it supplying enough power. what is the highest cfm fan i can put in there?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

cfm varies from fan to fan, its the power consumption, for some reason cm considers enterprise fan manufacturers even the dedicated high output ones are classed as competitors so we can only reccomened cm prdocuts (it is the cm forum afterall) but i woulndt have got the aquagate full stop its crap imo

hyl768s    0

The Tronado is a power eatter. I don't think the Aquagate will be able to handle this kind of fan. If you just want to improve the air flow, you might want to add a 60mm fan in the rear by using the 4 pin molex connector. If you install the Aquagate internally, this will also help you to reduce the noise by turn down the main fan level setting lower. :wink:

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

but 60's are stupidly loud also.

hyl768s    0

I have one install on mine, and it's hard for me to notice the noise, and of course, compair with Tornao, this is nothing!!!

:wink:

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

it depends on how you rate it 60's emit a god awful whine and it just gets on me nerves.

kmrivers    0

so youre saying a 60 inside the aquagate in the rear? where that fan grill is? does one fit there?

mindless moron, youre saying the aquagate is crap?