Sign in to follow this  
camshaft

What color tint window should I get?

camshaft    0

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a black wavemaster, and would like to get a window panel, but I'm torn between which color tint to get, since there's no where I can see them in person. The insides will be subtle in color - black motherboard (Abit IC-7 Max2) and power supply, blue led or UV cpu fan, and some blue UV cables, and UV cathode lighting. Going for a blue and black theme. What tint window do you guys think I should get? I think I might be leaning towards blue, since I'm guessing it would be softer on the eyes, and because I have to sleep with it in my room. Pics would help, especially of the blue tint, since its so hard to find pics of that one on a case.

Thanks guys,

Austin

007    0

well if you want uv stuff go with the clear window, because I hear the blue tint will cancel out your UV effects

camshaft    0

Thanks so far guys. Hybrid, I actually thought clear was much more common. You guys have posted alot of pics with the clear windows, but I can't find any pics online of side-shots of wavemasters with the blue windows.

well if you want uv stuff go with the clear window, because I hear the blue tint will cancel out your UV effects

I don't think the blue tint would cancel out the UV because UV lights for PC's aren't only in the UV wavelength - they're in the blue, violet, and UV wavelengths. That's why you can see them with your naked eyes. The tint would probably cancel the UV waves as they exit the case, but those aren't the waves you see anyway, they're just the waves needed to make the UV reactive stuff inside glow.

Austin

camshaft    0

Does anyone know if there's some way I can get both colors of glass from coolermaster without having to buy two panels? I mean like buying just the piece of glass (or plastic, whatever)

Hybrid-Mods    0

I've seen a few people who have already entered in the contest, with blue windows.. looks nice.. but also bores me real fast.. not sure why :?

camshaft    0

Hybrid, where can I see the cases that have entered? I checked the competition forum but don't see any. Sorry if I'm just being stupid.

Thanks,

Austin

Booradley    0

I say go with the clear. I'll also second the notion that the blue cancels out the UV, I've seen it. The blue makes the interior of the case look brighter and I think that's what causes the problem.

Glow.jpg

I also have an IC7 Max3 :D