Sign in to follow this  
Froberg

Chipset fan on Asus a8n SLI deluxe

Craig Tate    6

Yes, thank you. My mistake. I bought the A8V-e Deluxe for Lupine for my wife.

Apologies for any confusion.

ID    0
Yes, thank you. My mistake. I bought the A8V-e Deluxe for Lupine for my wife.

Apologies for any confusion.

No big deal. I own an A8V Deluxe so that's why I made the distinction. I do wish I had waiting a bit. PCI-E would have been very nice to have...

Froberg    0
The chipset cooler is a *known* problem for Asus on the A8N and the A8V.

Contact Asus and have your serial number ready. Let them know you have a problem chipset fan and that you need a replacement chipset fan shipped to you.

They will ship you a different model that does not experience this issue, at no charge to you.

The different model has the same height as the current chipset, but it sits on the chipset at about 45 degree cant to the side. Seems a bit larger on the diameter too. The fan spins more slowly.

But, to assure you, Asus is fully aware of the problem, and once you bring it up to their TS dept that you can perform the work on the chipset HSF unit, they will ship it to you.

I had to replace mine, that is why I know, and I talked to an Asus rep @ a Tech show I was at a few months back, and he confirmed it as a known issue. .

;)

Good luck!

I tried going directly to ASUS, but the tech formulae required some kind of order #. :S

ID    0

Hmm e-mail them and ask what that's about, though I'm surprised it isn't explained.

Remember, if you have trouble with one techie, call again later and hope that you get someone else to talk to. You'd be amazed how inconsistant some of these guys are. One guy might not give you the time of day, while the other may be more than happy to help you.

mak45    0

in the meantime u should try to use coolers like stock cooler from nvidia fx series

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron
in the meantime u should try to use coolers like stock cooler from nvidia fx series

but those coolers are terrible.

hyl768s    0

ooooop, my bad. I didn't notice you are using the SLI mother board. You are right. The blue Ice will be too bigh for the SLi mother board. The best cooler for Sli Mobo user will be the water block.