Sign in to follow this  
Froberg

Chipset fan on Asus a8n SLI deluxe

RaptorFury    0

Hmm i could try out another style Hsf , The one i linked ya too Earlier may fit but i wouldnt use the thermal tape i would put thermal paste on the inside and then super glue it on the outer corners ( that way you can remove it ..

Froberg    0

1) hsf?

and the one you linked me to is also too tall..

we are talking

______

______

about that high is possible.. I think a fan is nescessary. But many people have reported this problem with the stock fan! :(

And with my current GPU's it's impossible to fit almost anything in there, if only I'd gone GT instead of Ultra.

ID    0
super glue it on the outer corners ( that way you can remove it ..

Depends on the super glue. A buddy of mine had to go to the hospital a couple years back after he superglued his thumb and index finger together. His stupidity was quite impressive, as was the strength of the glue.

1)

we are talking

______

______

about that high is possible..

LOL, better hope his screen is running at the same resolution and is the same size as yours.

RaptorFury    0
super glue it on the outer corners ( that way you can remove it ..

Depends on the super glue. A buddy of mine had to go to the hospital a couple years back after he superglued his thumb and index finger together. His stupidity was quite impressive, as was the strength of the glue.

1)

we are talking

______

______

about that high is possible..

LOL, better hope his screen is running at the same resolution and is the same size as yours.

LMAO .... I run at 1024x768 ... Hmmm If you need a Hsf that is that tiny You could and try to Rip apart your existing Fan and fix it ( repair it , i do have a tutorial on how to do so ) or you can either cut the one a suggested down a tad to make it fit Shorten it . From the demensions of the link It is only 3.2 cm high so bout

that high On 1024x768 resolution .. plenty of room for the weekend modder :twisted: From what i can see on Coolermasters website Coolermaster.com i dont see a Hsf that is small enough , But do i stop there OH :) no lets go look at Newegg MUHAHAHA .. the only alterneative Hsf I could find Thats Cm product ( sometimes i so wish this was an Oc'ers Forum LOL ... ) is right Here Newegg Nb Cm

RaptorFury    0

it should them are nice to have (But i cant Tell ya to go with another company items because its rather rude if ya know what i mean . ) i just dont like the way they look once installed ( just me tho )

Craig Tate    6

The chipset cooler is a *known* problem for Asus on the A8N and the A8V.

Contact Asus and have your serial number ready. Let them know you have a problem chipset fan and that you need a replacement chipset fan shipped to you.

They will ship you a different model that does not experience this issue, at no charge to you.

The different model has the same height as the current chipset, but it sits on the chipset at about 45 degree cant to the side. Seems a bit larger on the diameter too. The fan spins more slowly.

But, to assure you, Asus is fully aware of the problem, and once you bring it up to their TS dept that you can perform the work on the chipset HSF unit, they will ship it to you.

I had to replace mine, that is why I know, and I talked to an Asus rep @ a Tech show I was at a few months back, and he confirmed it as a known issue. .

;)

Good luck!

ID    0
The chipset cooler is a *known* problem for Asus on the A8N and the A8V.

Contact Asus and have your serial number ready. Let them know you have a problem chipset fan and that you need a replacement chipset fan shipped to you.

The A8V had a passive chipset cooler. No fans.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i belvie he meant hte a8v-e its got the same fan as an a8n