Sign in to follow this  
eldeR_shawn

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ fit in your case?

NoobBuilder    0
its not really a problem more of a solution to gain that extra few millimeters . but it also requires a spacer on the screwside . MBBSCREWPACK-unit.jpg from the image u can see the lil brass screws , But by cutting them down you create 2 new problems 1 , the Mb will sit a lil lower and ur cards wouldnt quite fit right unless a mod was done to them ( by bending the cards hold down portion up a tad ) and again the screws that bolt thru the Mb will have to have washers to secure the mb ) . now Big provided us with a hight demension of the cooler , now heres what you can do with the system powerd off ( unplugged as well ) leave the Cpu in its socket and measue from the Cpu ( top , as it also takes up a lil bit of space ) ,measure to the outside of the case ( without side panal ) theres more mods you can do to make it fit but that will require a serious overhaul of the comp case in peticular the Mb tray be moved back ....

Edit : a solution to all of this modding ( cutting hacking and so forth ) is real simple , but it will have to be done from Cm's side build a Hsf that is smaller and designed for multiple cases not just a few , basically back to the drawing board ........

??? Your right CM could adjust the 730 cases and wave masters mobo trays so that this thing could fit. Like you said they should make it a few cms. smaller with a 92mm fan instead of a 100mm fan that shoud help in shorting the heatsink by having it fit for a smaller fan but still keeping the airflow at an all time high.

ID    0

If you think CM will redesign the Hyper 6+ because of this, forget it. It's too costly. They already have their machines tooled for production. Besides which, this is a farily localized (but still very stupid) problem.

eldeR_shawn    0

Wow this thread has grown since I last posted! Dealing with CM was more a of a hassle than just ebaying it. CM support telling me they had fit a HYPER 6+ inside a wavemaster (like I'm the dumb one) was more of an aggrivation than anything. I left phone messages and emails, but couldn't wait weeks for a simple solution to the problem. I just went out and bought a product that was readily available and has been working fine ever since...I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't want that huge heatsink sitting 2mm +/- from the side of my case. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because my Musketeer didn't fit properly inside my case either...well until I took a Dremel to the rails....I'm retiring from CM products I think.

*rant over :roll: