Sign in to follow this  
eldeR_shawn

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ fit in your case?

ID    0

Well not THAT hard. Other comparable CPU coolers are big too, but hopefully not as tall.

I'm still not sure how the plexi would help any...

Well not THAT hard. Other comparable CPU coolers are big too, but hopefully not as tall.

I'm still not sure how the plexi would help any...

We installed it here in the office and it fits.

ID    0

How much clearance did you have?

It might have something to do with my motherboard too...

How much clearance did you have?

It might have something to do with my motherboard too...

I have about 2mm...did you use the side panel from us?

The thing is, some MB and CPU are a little taller so 2mm is pushing on a thin line.

Please let me know. Might need to think of a new solution.

ID    0

No I cut my own plexi window, but I used CM's plexi window specifications as a template, so the dimensions were fairly close.

You're probably right with the 2mm. I didn't physically try to fit the Hyper 6+ into the case, but I measured the dimensions of it in the case (and shorted out the board with a metal ruler...). It came very close to the side panel, so I decided not to risk it.

NoobBuilder    0

Im new but what if the thickness of the Mobo had somthing to contribute.

I know its dumb but its an idea. And im really dont what a glass side panel i would like to keep the cool aluminum look on every side.

Also has the company though of just filing down the coper pipe lines then reattching the aluminum fins??

I thats eve possible. but its another noob idea.

RaptorFury    0

most boards are usually the same thickness ( standard there ) now what the board bolts too ( the lil screws that screws into the Mb tray ) can be a problem , so you were getting close . as far as filing the copper pipes you cant do that because they are filled with liquid ( what gives em the heat transfer ability ) so no go there ... but the only stupid question is one Not asked :twisted: .....

NoobBuilder    0
most boards are usually the same thickness ( standard there ) now what the board bolts too ( the lil screws that screws into the Mb tray ) can be a problem , so you were getting close . as far as filing the copper pipes you cant do that because they are filled with liquid ( what gives em the heat transfer ability ) so no go there ... but the only stupid question is one Not asked :twisted: .....

Any Pics to show this problem with the screws by chance.

Also has anyone mounted it on an AMD platform yet. Maybe the mounting depth is a little different. But then again the 939 CPU brackey is abit high who knows it might work.

I really would like to get this CPU cooler but the fear that im going to spend some cash an then it doesnt fit.

Also what about using a metal sander to take some thickness off the door. Or having the chasis door pulled a little outward.

RaptorFury    0

its not really a problem more of a solution to gain that extra few millimeters . but it also requires a spacer on the screwside . MBBSCREWPACK-unit.jpg from the image u can see the lil brass screws , But by cutting them down you create 2 new problems 1 , the Mb will sit a lil lower and ur cards wouldnt quite fit right unless a mod was done to them ( by bending the cards hold down portion up a tad ) and again the screws that bolt thru the Mb will have to have washers to secure the mb ) . now Big provided us with a hight demension of the cooler , now heres what you can do with the system powerd off ( unplugged as well ) leave the Cpu in its socket and measue from the Cpu ( top , as it also takes up a lil bit of space ) ,measure to the outside of the case ( without side panal ) theres more mods you can do to make it fit but that will require a serious overhaul of the comp case in peticular the Mb tray be moved back ....

Edit : a solution to all of this modding ( cutting hacking and so forth ) is real simple , but it will have to be done from Cm's side build a Hsf that is smaller and designed for multiple cases not just a few , basically back to the drawing board ........