Sign in to follow this  
eldeR_shawn

Does the Cooler Master Hyper 6+ fit in your case?

eldeR_shawn    0

I just installed the Hyper 6+ in my WaveMaster Case and it protrudes about 1/2" out the side panel! There should be a disclaimer that says this mofo won't even fit inside Cooler Master's own cases! :shock:

ID    0

What?! Well that's not good. My Hyper 6 has about an inch clearance that way, but the Hyper 6+ is certainly larger. We'll see what happens when my package arrives (later today!).

ID    0

Yeah I talked with eldeR_shawn earlier, and after measuring the thing myself, I can definitely say that the Hyper 6+ will not fit in a WaveMaster. Since the Praetorian is a sibling of the WaveMaster, it's not surprising that you're having the same problem as well. Thank goodness you and I got this for free ferry. Otherwise, I would be really pissed off. There is no mention of this problem anywhere from CoolerMaster.

Why not contact us before you sell it?

We apologize for this problem and working to solve your problem. For anyone who purchased the Hyper 6+ and have a WM or Praetorian, please contact us and we'll send you a free side panel with window which will work with the Hyper 6+.

Note that we have a warning on our page:

6c020b1c245579d074d6d91bd9f384c8.jpg

ID    0

eldeR_shawn did contact CM a while back, and their offer was to RMA the Hyper6+ in exchange for the Hyper 48... which is pretty lamo. At least that's what I've been told. Anyway I'm glad to hear CM is working on this, though I find it hard to believe that they didn't know about this beforehand.

B-man can I have a free side panel too, to go with the Hyper6+ I won?? :D I kid. I ended up selling it for the same reason eldeR_shawn did... Just out of curiosity, did CM cut a big hole in the window for it to fit?

eldeR_shawn did contact CM a while back, and their offer was to RMA the Hyper6+ in exchange for the Hyper 48... which is pretty lamo. At least that's what I've been told. Anyway I'm glad to hear CM is working on this, though I find it hard to believe that they didn't know about this beforehand.

B-man can I have a free side panel too, to go with the Hyper6+ I won?? :D I kid. I ended up selling it for the same reason eldeR_shawn did... Just out of curiosity, did CM cut a big hole in the window for it to fit?

That was actually before we found out the window panel works.

ID    0

Interesting... I followed CM's side-panel window dimensions fairly closely when I cut my window, and it still didn't fit.

NoobBuilder    0

That was actually before we found out the window panel works.

:cry: I was 2 days away from buying the hyper 6. Thats 40 something bucks that would not fit. What about people who want the full aluminum side panel is ther anything they can do???

I was going to post a new tread to see if it fit on my mobo and uhh i had no idea that it wont fit in such and incredilbe case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Showimage ... otherboard

I think im going to cry LOL.

But that to bad that it doesnt fit in the 730 i was really looking forward to purchasing a full CM cooling computer. LOL i was getting th case, the CPU fan, The VGA, The HDD, and the other fans from CM because I was told they where the best. LOL even my PSU was going to be a CM. but now im off looking for another CPU cooler that can cool just aswell as the Hyper 6.

LOL which is going to be hard.