Sign in to follow this  
hed420

PleasePost YourOpinionsOnWhat LiquidcoolingParts I ShouldGet

hed420    0

I was thinking it's time to upgrade to a liquid cooling system, so does anyone know where I can get an affordable small 120mm fan sized radiator for a custom liquid cooling system? Also some water blocks for cpu/vga/hdd ? Maybe something nice and unique. What does everyone recomend?

domoMKIV    0

What we may recommend and what we are allowed to recommend on this forum are 2(or more) different things.

hed420    0

HUH?

I don't understand what your trying to say. But I do understand that my above post doesn't explain all. Let me explain alittle better. Basicly what I want is a liquid cooling system. I'm open for ideas, what type and size of radiator should I get? what type and brand of blocks should I get? Or maybe I could get a custom home made block from someone. How should I set it up. I never owned or made one, so a diagram would be nice. What parts are required inorder to make one? radiator, blocks, revisor, water pump, etc... I would also like to overclock my cpu and vga so it has to be a system that could handle the heat.

ninuhadida    0

if you can/want you can do your own water blocks. i'll be doing mine very soon, only prob i have is that to buy copper here in Malta, it's very difficult to find. i'll be using a peltier too. i already have a rad (120mm copper one) and a pump that pumps 700l per hour. i'll use this for the cpu only, other parts like the vga nb and maybe hdd will have another pump and rad (probably the same pump but i'll buy a 120x2 alu rad since it's cheap to find especially on ebay or stuff)

hed420    0

I would love to make my own water blocks but I might not have the tools, all I got is a dremel, I could buy the drill press attachment to drill into the block. I don't even know where to get copper blocks from either. Anyone know of any links so I can order online? What's a peltier? I was thinking of grinding down alot of pennies, melting them and making a cast mold of a water block, but I don't know if a cast molded waterblock would do the job. Hmm... Where did you get the 120mm copper radiator from? Copper cools beter than aluminum right?

ninuhadida    0

this site sells metal online - http://www.onlinemetals.com

the only prob i have with it is that to ship a 60x60x30mm copper block to malta, the cost is $137 :shock:

yes copper cools better than alu.

see this: http://www.procooling.com/articles/html ... da___1.php

and i got the copper rad from a kit i bought last year, tho i f*cked up the acrylic on the wc block, so i'm back to air for now.

what is a peltier ? - http://www.digit-life.com/articles/peltiercoolers/

I would love to make my own water blocks but I might not have the tools, all I got is a dremel, I could buy the drill press attachment to drill into the block. I don't even know where to get copper blocks from either. Anyone know of any links so I can order online? What's a peltier? I was thinking of grinding down alot of pennies, melting them and making a cast mold of a water block, but I don't know if a cast molded waterblock would do the job. Hmm... Where did you get the 120mm copper radiator from? Copper cools beter than aluminum right?

Making a good water block is much harder than you think. Especially if you want to add a peltier.

The first thing you should to is a lot of research. Google can help you find many articles to read.

Forget about melting pennies. It is illegal, and a lot of work, and more importantly, they are not pure copper. If you are not going to work with pure copper, use aluminum.

If you still want to make your own after that, you can get copper bar at Metal Supermarkets - they have two stores in FL.

A dremel will not be enough. At minimum, you will need a drill press and end mills. You will need a tap set for cutting threads for fittings. Not a regular tap set, but one for plumbing fittings - they use a different size thread compared to nuts and bolts. If the copper is not perfectly flat, you will need a way to machine it flat, and then make it smooth.

For the radiator, heater cores work very well and are inexpensive. More googling will find many articles on that - many give the part number to order from the auto parts store.

For the peltier idea, I suggest you get some experience with plain old water first. Peltiers have hidden costs and may not be worth it to you. If you really must have it, buy, don't build.

RaptorFury    0

the best place to get recommendations for Parts for water cooling setups is a good Overclocking Forum , then you will get a good many suggestions of the best products out there ...

ID    0
What we may recommend and what we are allowed to recommend on this forum are 2(or more) different things.

hed420, what domo means is that we are not allowed to mention or recommend any of Cooler Master's competitors, since we are in fact in Cooler Master's forum.

hed420    0
Peltiers have hidden costs and may not be worth it to you. If you really must have it, buy, don't build.

What did you mean by that? Are Peltiers expensive to run?

If you really must have it, buy, don't build. I'm assuming your talking about the water block right?