Sign in to follow this  
warmonger

newer mobo=higher cpu temps?

warmonger    0

CM have a cooler, socket A, that'll bring it down to where it was? ga7va temp was approx 40/43c idle/load. msi kt880 delta has it at 46c but as it'll get warmer here later today ,the temp will hit around 50+/-. thses are according to MBM5, everest, speedfan and BIOS .the jet7+ just ain't cuttin it anymore. liquid cooling's a bit too complicated for me .thx

bigmike20vt    0

+/- 50 degrees?

is that under load, if so i dont see the problem.

on a very hot day under load mine gets close to 60 degrees & is perfectly stable.

sure it *may* shorten the life of the cpu by a small amount compared to if it ran 10 degrees cooler but heck there is no socket A processor on the market which will be worth more than a tin of beans in 3 years time anyway :)

chances are your temps havent changed, just that a different board has a differently calibrated sensor....

just my 2p :)

Can't really tell from your post if just changed the MB and are seeing these temps.

It could be the thermal interface between the cpu and cooler. Did you throughly clean both parts and then apply a new, think layer of thermal paste?

Some brands of thermal paste need a "burn in" period, where they need heating and cooling cycles to really work best. Go to the manufactures web site and check it out.

RaptorFury    0

What board are using in MBM to monitor the temps ? I had to use a Kt6v lsr board in Mbm to properly monitor my temps it was off bout 1 degrees c on my machine bios update brought me right even with Mbm .

ID    0

Warmonger, what is the ambient temperature inside your case like? Also, when was the last time you gave everything a good dusting?

Did you throughly clean both parts and then apply a new, think layer of thermal paste?

By "think", I assume you mean thick. And that's not good. The more paste you slather on, the more resistance you'll start to build up. You should only use enough thermal paste to cover your CPU with a thin layer, and that's it. Just enough so you can't see the surface of the heat plate; that's all you need.

warmonger    0

Raptor, set the wizard to the same, but "LSR" wasn't there.

ID, can only go with what MBM shows, iffn i set the sensor right, 39c, CPU right now is at 48c.

blue, got just enuff on to cover it

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

different board dfferent temperature probe, different posotioning, differnet brand, you find it happens alot, translation after guestimations, its all very weird.