Sign in to follow this  
[WP@]WOLVERINE

Tips: Using Mirrors instead of plexi in windowmods

wow... you really are good.

I'm suprised that the plastic isn't difficult to work with as power grinding/cutting tools generate a lot of heat. I've never been able to get a clean cut with a jigsaw, even using decent blades, but then again i'm not as talented as you when it comes to this stuff!

:wink:

The secret to cutting plexi is to use alot of masking tape and then using blades with very fine teeth. The bits i used to etch the plexi is bits that are intended for use on wood and they work great. ive never had any problems with the plastic melting even though i run my Dremel att 25000rpm.

WOLVERINE":2ew7ipeb]As requested heres what the backside of a etched mirror looks like

]

Thanks. What I was really hoping to see was the mirror attached to the case panel. I wonder how you will stick it on, glass is so heavy.

Also, many of your designs are so intricate and detailed. Do you use CAD software to plan out your work.

WOLVERINE":lfa2fu39]As requested heres what the backside of a etched mirror looks like

]

Thanks. What I was really hoping to see was the mirror attached to the case panel. I wonder how you will stick it on, glass is so heavy.

Also, many of your designs are so intricate and detailed. Do you use CAD software to plan out your work.

No no no cad software that is taboo my designs are actally part homemade with pen and paper i mostly do my own designs but i often borrow parts of pics from the net and put it all toghether so its a mix of my own work and others, tattooflash sites are great for finding cool stuff to etch. The big plexi tribal etch is 100% my own creation the the rest is a mix.

I borrow alredy finished pics mostly because im lazy :) Doing a full size Celtic design takes hours and hours. Oh btw i finished the pentagram etch today and heeere it is :)

pentamirrordonesmall.jpg

and heres a picture of my LivingroomWall just to show one of my original designs :) Thats my daughter sitting on the couch :)

bigone.jpg

and btw There will be pics of the mirror mounted in my stacker. I was supposed to get it done today but as a family man i have alot of other stuff to do so there wasnt time today. Ill try again tomorrow :) oh and im planning to use superglue to fasten the glass. Since the mirror is just 30x30cm that should work jsut fine.

_ferry_    0

Some time ago i made this one, as a present for my girlfriend (ex by now).

thumb.jpg

thumb.jpg

(klickable)

Litte hard to get a photo of it (try to close your eyes a bit), but when its dark in my room it looks almost like a holographic image ;)