Sign in to follow this  
[WP@]WOLVERINE

Tips: Using Mirrors instead of plexi in windowmods

WOLVERINE":2qha89zh]

They are real Glass mirrors.

Can you show a picture of how you mounted the glass to the case?

Thanks.

I havent mounted it yet but i will do so in a couple of days av of course there will be pictures :)

WOLVERINE":e47bwqv1]

I havent mounted it yet but i will do so in a couple of days av of course there will be pictures :)

Excellent, looking forward to those.

The class looks frosted where it has been etched. Is that the case or is it just my eyes?

WOLVERINE":29djcfme]

Excellent, looking forward to those.

The class looks frosted where it has been etched. Is that the case or is it just my eyes?

Thers nothing wrong with your eyes :) The glass is frosted that effect comes naturally when you etch bigger areas. It hard work doing that with a smnall diamond bit but the end result looks great.

mysticnas    0

my sister does engraving, she been doing it for years has all the propper kit n stuff.

I never thought of putting the 2 together. I doubt that you can etch plastic though as I think it'll just melt and not look anywhere near as good. You definately wouldn't get the frosted effect. My sister etches/engraves allsorts, glass (vases, glasses etc) metal etc.

I know how difficult it can be.

Dude you have got some SERIOUS TALENT!!! How many mistakes did you make? how many mirrors did you go through before you got it perfect?

I assume you've been doing this sort of thing for a while, if not then you've got even more talent than i thought!!!!

Nice work!!! I'm sure you could make a pretty penny out of it too!! :wink:

ID    0
I doubt that you can etch plastic though as I think it'll just melt and not look anywhere near as good.

Oh yes you can. Just you wait and see!

my sister does engraving, she been doing it for years has all the propper kit n stuff.

I never thought of putting the 2 together. I doubt that you can etch plastic though as I think it'll just melt and not look anywhere near as good. You definately wouldn't get the frosted effect. My sister etches/engraves allsorts, glass (vases, glasses etc) metal etc.

I know how difficult it can be.

Dude you have got some SERIOUS TALENT!!! How many mistakes did you make? how many mirrors did you go through before you got it perfect?

I assume you've been doing this sort of thing for a while, if not then you've got even more talent than i thought!!!!

Nice work!!! I'm sure you could make a pretty penny out of it too!! :wink:

Thanks for the kind words. As you already said ive been doing this for a while now but ive always etched plexiglass and aluminium before so glass is new. Hers a few examples of my previous work on plexiglass.

celtic5.jpg

dragon8.jpg

sidedone.jpg

mysticnas    0

wow... you really are good.

I'm suprised that the plastic isn't difficult to work with as power grinding/cutting tools generate a lot of heat. I've never been able to get a clean cut with a jigsaw, even using decent blades, but then again i'm not as talented as you when it comes to this stuff!

:wink: