Sign in to follow this  
[WP@]WOLVERINE

Tips: Using Mirrors instead of plexi in windowmods

I just wanted to give yall a little tips ive recently begun engraving mirrors and found that mounting them as a replacement for the ol plexi gives a very cool look :) Especially if the inside of your system looks as bad as mine then you really dont need anyone looking in :) Ive done a few small windows and a few fullsize sides. And heres what hey look like.

tribalwings1.jpg

using colored transparent plastic on the back of the mirror allows you to get different colors

reapercolor.jpg

amd64color.jpg

bluebirds.jpg

And heres a few fullsize ones

megadone1.jpg

wowdonesmall.jpg

as you can see the effect with a light behind the mirror is great and it looks really cool. Im just about to mount my Grim Reaper etch in my stacker so ill be back with pictures of that soon. Hope this gave you a couple of ideas :)

Heres where the reaper will be mounted its my Lightmodded stacker the mirror will replace the mesh in the sidepanel.

black1.jpg

Wacft    0

those are some bad :) engravings. i have seen several people do this before, you may have been one that ive seen. howd you get the color for the amd one?

those are some bad :) engravings. i have seen several people do this before, you may have been one that ive seen. howd you get the color for the amd one?

As i said ive used colored plastic and just glued it on the back of the mirror you can use the kind of plastic sheets they use in spotlights to get colored light.

ID    0

Fantastic work. What method are you using for the actual etching?

Booradley    0

beautiful work. I especially like the galic/celtic designs.

I'd like to also know about the method you used.