Sign in to follow this  
mw

A bit off topic; but .....

mw    0

As some of you guys know by now, im an english gent rebuilding an ageing system on a budget....

So does anybody know much about AMD XP cpu's? If so please help moi.

I have an asus a7a266 and am looking to upgrade the cpu to either an athlon xp2400 or 2600. Now does anybody know whether there is much difference in these cpu's in the 'real' world terms i.e loading windows, playing c&c, using the net etc ???

Next question which is better and where the :) do you buys these puppies from now !?!?! Is there some sort of second hand pc shop lurking on the web? I cant find these chips anywhere!!! HELP HELP HELP

I am not looking to remove the motherboard either as this defeats the point of not spending money on it!

The next question is what is the best heatsink type device to fit on the processor for max clocking and reliability, money no object on heatsink (its socket A by the way), cooler the better - thats looks and performance.

Cheers for reading - ill post a pic once its finished, old school rules !

WHY SPEND £2000 WHEN YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH £200 ???

ID    0

No self-respecting English gent would display that oppressive, communist flag as his place of origin. Shame on you, sir!

mw    0

No self respecting Canadian would be trying to endorse the american dream ...

Party on BIll , party on Ted !

Terrence & Phillip rule ; i love those wacky canadians - best airforce in the world too.

ID    0
No self respecting Canadian would be trying to endorse the american dream ...

Have you read my sig....? I'll give ya a hint: it's sarcastic!

mw    0

Thanks for the help ?!? And yes i understand the principles involved in the colsular reabolution of the origins of scarcasm; the lowest form of wit i was once told.

Me dear, no dear - HOW very, very dare you ...

Evil_Acid    0

WHY SPEND £2000 WHEN YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH £200 ???

Becuase people would rather spend £2000 on top notch gear than get away with an £200 pants system lol.

you should check out http://www.ebay.co.uk if ur in england.

ID    0
Thanks for the help ?!? And yes i understand the principles involved in the colsular reabolution of the origins of scarcasm; the lowest form of wit i was once told.

Me dear, no dear - HOW very, very dare you ...

I would have had no problem helping you, if you hadn't of come on with an attitude. I made a simple joke, and you decided to mock me and Canadians as a response. I'm not the one who lacks wit my friend. You accuse me of endorsing the 'american dream', yet the only generalizations you've made of Canadians are from what you've learned through American media. GG.