Juanpointone

RMA *No instruction on how to send the item back*

I don't know if im just blind or Cooler Master Didn't provide an instruction or even an address to send back the PSU. I received an email today that my RMA has been approved for morethan 2 weeks and it'll be expired in 10 days. i have zero idea where to send it back. 

Moonstar    0

did you receive an email like this:

Dear NAME,

Your RMA application has been approved. Please print the required RMA Request Form from CM Fanzone and attach it to the outside of the shipping box in order for us to process your replacement in a quick and efficient manner, otherwise your RMA could experience delays.

Please note that it can take up to 2-3 business days for your RMA to be received after arriving at our warehouse. The replacement product will ship out within 7-10 business days after your RMA has been received.

Be sure to package the product securely (preferably in its original packaging) and ship it POSTPAID*. Your dealer or Cooler Master will not be responsible for damage due to shipping. During the warranty period, your product will be repaired or replaced without charge, excluding shipping and handling.

To ensure your RMA arrives safety to our Service Center, we suggest obtaining tracking confirmation from your shipping carrier.

Please ship out your RMA item within 30 days from the approved date. Otherwise this RMA number will be invalidated after 30 days.

Your RMA number is XXXXXXXXXXXX

Please ship the package to the following address:
Cooler Master RMA Dept.
2929 E. Imperial Highway Suite 110
Brea CA  92821.
Phone: 1-888-624-5099

If you require access to your RMA number, please login to Fanzone.

The Cooler Master Team

*Note:
Customer pays for the shipping of product back to Cooler Master.
Cooler Master pays for shipment of replacement back to Customer.
It is up to customer what type of shipping they choose to ship the product to Cooler Master.Product just needs to be packaged as to not be damaged in shipping.

ppdickey    1

I would hold off on sending my stuff in until there is some evidence that support is operating again.  Right now they are a black hole.  I wish I would have just bought a replacement PSU, rather than going without a computer, hoping Cooler Master would  process the RMA in 7-10 business days.  They received my return on May 19, so we're pushing a month.

ppdickey    1

Cooler Master is active on Twitter:  @coolermaster.  I have no idea why they can't post this information in their own forum, put it on their voicemail, or send out any email to everyone that has an open ticket.  It's a pretty epic failure. 

I think we deserve concessions, like the right to sell replacement equipment with warranty rights for the purchaser.

Here's what they posted on twitter on 6/15:

"Thank you for reaching out.

First of all, thank you for your patience and understanding. Times like these are rough for everyone. The current situation has caused our team to operate not to their full capacity.
As a result we're not able to provide the level of customer support we strive to offer, for which we apologize.

At the moment we're doing out utmost best to process as many support tickets as possible without making concessions on the quality. We will get back to your ticket as soon as possible.

Also, due to the current global situation, we do not have any stock on inventory to send out for RMAs and are unable to get more at the moment. We will process your RMA as soon as we are able to restock on products.

My apologies that this is taking so long. We all just want everything to return to normal."

Moonstar    0

They've had my dead MWE for a few weeks now.  Honestly, I'm in no rush as the 620W 10+ year old Corsair I borrowed from work is doing the job perfectly.  For others I know it is worse...but things to consider is that these units are made in China which was impacted on an extreme level...not only because of thew month plus where entire factories were shut down, but also because of the fact a majority of the exports are delayed by 2-3 months.

Given the activity here on the forums over the last year, the MWE series original release seems to have a very high failure rate.  With that, if the cause has been determined, any on-hand stock would have been most likely returned to the manufacturing plant to be revised prior to shipping out for distribution and sales.  Those of us who will be getting replacements through the RMA have a chance of getting the initial release, but will most likely get the revised system with the fail-source hopefully repaired/revised/removed.  But, again, longer RMA times due to this plus the international pandemic.

2020 is like a gift no one wants but everyone gets.

ppdickey    1

If Cooler Master is aware that there is a quality issue with the MWE series, they should issue a recall like Corsair is doing for their SW Series PSUs (announced 5/29/20).  Is Corsair not affected by the pandemic?