dinskyt

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB V2

dinskyt    0

I was considering buying this cooler, but wanted to make sure it was compatible.  Do I plug the pump into the CPU fan header? If that's the case, I have one extra fan header, but there are two fans, so I was wondering if there was an adapter included? Also, for the RGB is there only one header? and is it a 4 pin 12v? Also, do I need molex power because I don't not have that cable?

Thanks

Cenevit    4
Posted (edited)

The ML240L RGB V2 will require two fan headers one for the fans and one for the pump.
The fans can be powered into cpu fan header with the provided 2-way fan splitter.

cooler-master-ml240l-v2-rgb-01010-400x28

The pump can be powered in any connector as long as it provides full 12V (fan control disabled).

Both the fans and the pump is connected to the provided 3-way RGB splitter cable and attached to the 4-pin motherboard RGB header:

DSC_0104-copy-300x200.jpg

DSC_0105-copy-300x200.jpg

Edited by Cenevit

dinskyt    0

Thanks for the reply! So two things...Can i plug the pump into the CPU fan header on my motherboard? I dont not have a cpu aio header. Additionally, do I need molex power if I am using the RGB plug on my motherboard? or do you only need molex if you are using the controller if you dont have a rgb header?

Cenevit    4

Yes you can power the pump into the cpu fan header.
Technically does not matter where the pump header comes from as long it provides 12V.

The molex power adaptor is only required by the included RGB controller.

Forkinator    0
On 5/22/2020 at 5:40 AM, Cenevit said:

Yes you can power the pump into the cpu fan header.
Technically does not matter where the pump header comes from as long it provides 12V.

The molex power adaptor is only required by the included RGB controller.

I just bought the cooler mentioned in this thread. I want to be able to set the pump speed to 100%. Is it possible to do this somehow? I have the pump plugged into a cpu fan header of a  asus x99 pro usb3.1 motherboard.

I bought this cooler because my Corsair h110i gtx 280's pump got blocked with a ton of crud. almost cooked my cpu. But with that cooler, I was able to control the pump speed through the corsair software. Hoping I can do the same with this pump.

Cenevit    4
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Forkinator said:

I just bought the cooler mentioned in this thread. I want to be able to set the pump speed to 100%. Is it possible to do this somehow? I have the pump plugged into a cpu fan header of a  asus x99 pro usb3.1 motherboard.

I bought this cooler because my Corsair h110i gtx 280's pump got blocked with a ton of crud. almost cooked my cpu. But with that cooler, I was able to control the pump speed through the corsair software. Hoping I can do the same with this pump.

Too bad to hear about your H110i. 
It's a nice stuff.

The CM unlike Corsair doesn't offer pump speed profile through software.
The pump only operates at full speed.

Generally the fans are powered into cpu fan/cpu opt fan headers for speed control.
But if you want you can power the pump into cpu fan header.

In the bios goto the Q-Fan control:

https://techgage.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/ASUS-X99-DELUXE-EFI-Q-Fan-Control.jpg

You can set the pump header as full speed or PWM.
Both settings the fan header will provide full 12V.

I'm not sure but I guess that the cpu fan and cpu opt fan headers share the same speed control.
So if the pump and the fans are powered into cpu fan and cpu opt fan headers set the cpu fan control as PWM.
The 4-pin fans will operate with speed control and pump as full speed.

Edited by Cenevit