Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Whitworth

Replace or jump ship? How common are PSU failures

My MWE 750W seems to have failed after 11 months. I contacted Tech Support and hopefully they will help me confirm. Its under warranty, so I can get a replacement.

I've seen several other people complaining this unit is failing, but I don't know if its a 1/1000 failure rate and I'm just seeing many failures because I'm in the forum, or if it commonly has issues. Someone else claimed the MWE series commonly fails. If I get them to replace it for me, will I most likely be fine for the next several years? Or will I be back to a failed PSU in another 11 months?

Mine also failed after 11 months, a good bet is to get a different brand to replace it. Use the RMA'd psu for something else or sell it, that's what I'm gonna do. That is if I feel like waiting. Mine only had a bad bearing in the fan, which I could just replace myself with a 20$ part. Too bad you can't just get your money back, RMA's seem like a nightmare through this company.

Short answer, go Corsair or Seasonic. Never had an issue with either of them. Only bought this because it was on sale for 75$ at the time, I needed more power for a GPU and it had good specs for the price.

Best or luck to ya!

Moonstar    0

Mine died in 10 months.  It is starting to appear the MWE series only has a 6-12 month lifespan.  I am looking at a Corsair RM750x to replace my dead MWE 750 Gold.

The worst part is CM seems to take a long time to respond to tickets...even outside of the COVID19 limited hours.