Sign in to follow this  
Moonstar

MWE 750 Gold - Dead in under 1 year

Moonstar    0

So yeah, long story short:  old rig got stolen, built a new one.  Chose a CM MC500P and CM MWE 750 Gold for the baseline.  That was the end of July 2019.  Here it is mid May 2020, and the MWE 2020 is shot.  My system would turn off as soon as I would start anything that would cause high power draw...you would think 750W would be enough for a ASRock x470, Ryzen 5 2600X (no OC), and ASRock RX 590.  I pretty much guessed bad PSU from the start, putting in an old Corsair 620 semi-modular unit helped me prove it.  I opened a ticket on Wednesday, updated it yesterday.

So I'm curious should I even bother with an RMA, especially with the number of issues the MWE series seems to be giving these days, or just buy a different PSU...maybe one with CableMod custom cable support.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Mets    0

Estou com um problema muito parecido, tenho a MWE 750 Gold , uso uma Aorus B450 pro wifi, Ryzen 5 3600x sem oc , uma RX 590 Gigabyte.... o Sistema começou a desligar sozinho, minha sorte que eu tinha comprado uma MWE 550 Bronze para meu afiliado e estou usando ela para suprir por enquanto, aguardando os processos do RMA.... Sinceramente decepcionado, primeira fonteda CM que compro e ja pego esse BO...  

They received my MWE 650 gold April the 20th (had the exact same issue, mine lasted around 6 months) and i still didn't receive my replacement unit. If you feel like waiting forever you could send it back i guess. 

Moonstar    0
Posted (edited)

Well it has been over a week and they haven't responded to my Support Ticket so I am just going to buy a different PSU.

Got a response and RMA approved.  Sending it off today.

Edited by Moonstar