Joel Pinto

Problem with the MM520

Joel Pinto    0
Posted (edited)

My mouse showed some inconsistencies about a month ago.

During use, the pointer stops moving, but the buttons function normally. When changing the DPI, it works again for a while.

I did everything I could, like changing a USB, checking for software updates, changing profile settings and even deleting the ones I had. Nothing had an effect.

Could someone help me fix this?
Thankful.

Edited by Joel Pinto

ContextMenu    0

Hi, well, can't say for sure what's causing it.
Firstly I would connect a second mouse to your PC, and when the pointer stops on your MM520, then immediately check if the other mouse works at the same time.
If the second mouse also not moving, then it is software related, maybe with Windows or whatever OS you are using.

Or if the second mouse works perfectly when MM520 stops, I would return it with warranty to the store you bought it in.
If you don't have warranty, or don't want to return it, then I would take apart the mouse very carefully, and check the inside connectors and cables and clean it up a little.

From this video you can see fixing a similar problem on an another mouse:

Joel Pinto    0

Firstly I would connect a second mouse to your PC, and when the pointer stops on your MM520, then immediately check if the other mouse works at the same time.

I did that, the other mouse works.

If the second mouse also not moving, then it is software related, maybe with Windows or whatever OS you are using.

I tested it on other PCs, all with windows, the same problem appears.

Anyway, my warranty ended exactly this month.
I'll try to open it as you said and do the cleaning.