Sign in to follow this  
Rychiar

Crossflow fan worth it for the Stacker?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

i left mine running on full for a few days at a lan party, couldnt hear it over the music anyway the amount of dust i collected, everything had a layer of dust on itand there were areas where the fna didnt reach so you saw dust and clean together.

Was doing some work on my case last night and discovered that my crossover was on the lowest setting - in this case off.

So I did turn it on and at the highest setting, I agree damn noisy, but at the lowest setting I can easily live with it.

NoobBuilder    0

Hey can you use the CM stacker 300mm fan in a 730 case with out horrible moding like velcro the fan to the case facing the MOBO or its just to darn big.

Spamin8r    0

I actually just recieved my crossflow yesterday. Agreed, construction could have been better. The screw hole by the motor is useless (I currently only have 2 screws in!). The noise isn't actually a very big issue depending on what you are doing. My box is primarily for gaming so most of the time I have a headset on. Also I have noticed that adding a window will dampen the sound by quite a bit, as opposed to the 80mm fan panel. (xoxide.com has black stacker windows!!!)

I will probably, in the future, try to rig up a nice filter for it. I am uncertain on how much more dust it will allow in. (only had it for 2 days)

I recommend it. It is not loud at all to me. I only even begin to notice it on the high setting. *note this is while I am NOT gaming! lol*

So go ahead and splurge. You will like it. especially if you are overclocking!

I have mine setup so that it is controlled by the slider knob on my musketeer. no having to reach behind the case and I got all four of the screws in. So I'm set. As for filtering I used eight of the front pop out panels. I cut off the tails and hot glued them to the side panel. And believe me they catch a lot of dirt! I just take off the side panel and clean it with my air compressor. Works great.