Sign in to follow this  
mw

Pc upgrade : Centurion530 vs Asus a7a266 mother !

mw    0

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP SOMEONE

I have decided to upgrade my old pc into a swish new silent one! I have replaced all the fans with competitor silent except for front blue led coolermaster type, replaced old psu (crappy 250w! no wonder it felt like it was gonna die all the time!) with 400w and given it some more ram.

Now thats all my money spent :cry: .

Here are my problems;

I dont have anywhere to connect the 1394 cable too? I have an ISIS 4 way pci firewire card with internal firewire port and some other connection but i cannot figure out how to connect? If someone is in the know or has a suggstion please let me know! I presume you can get an 1394 cable into firewire converter or something along those lines????

I cannot get the power light to work, hdd works fine but the green power is non existant - help !

Finally i have no idea what to do with all those mic in and out leads AAARRRRGGGHHHH ! I have a soundblaster 1024 live card as well , does this help ?

This is my first attempt at remaking a pc - amazingly everything is working well except the above !

Your time and help is really apreciated :D:D:D8):D:D:D

RaptorFury    0

Ok first all , does that board have the Fire wire Port pins ? the Manual should tell ya , as for the front io speakers unless you planning on using them leave it alone ( again the manual will show you what to do ) the Main power light isnt working well try turning it round on the main board you got it +/- backwards or it could be seperated once again read the manual ... Back to the front sound io Ports on most Mb's if you hook them up u lose the rear out puts from the sound .... what is exactly is ur board Make and model of it maybe i can offer assistance ( by getting the Manual from the web site ) Moral of the story READ THE MANUAL .... please dont take this rude as i am not tring to be ....

mw    0

:oops: Motherboard ASUS A7A266

Thanks for the quick reply, the 1394 port cable doesnt have anywhere to go on the motherboard itself but i have this firewire pci card which has got pins to add another device, however those pins are not the same as the 1394 cable ! D'OH The firewire card also has an internal firewire slot so i am still wondering if there is some kind of 1394 into firewire cable??????

I still cant get that bloody power light to work ! My old case it worked fine - but i just cant seem to figure it out?

The motherboard has spaces for audio but i dont understand how to get the front jacks to work - Also how does the pc speaker cable work and where would that normally connect to ?

And just to top it off i also have trouble with the top cdrom drive, i have taken the front protecting panel off the unit but it still catches , i believe it is a design fault by coolermaster - although they are not really going to admit that now, are they ?

RaptorFury    0

how many pins r on the case ? As far as the pc speaker that is usually 2 pins seperated basically +II- you need to read that manual the pc speaker is located near the the other front io panal.

ok i got the manual right here .

ok look at this image closly it will help out a ton on ur lights and speaker

manual.jpg

looking from the top left + Pwr led , skip 1 pin , Pwr led - / skip 3 pins / Spkr + skip 2 pins spkr - / done move to the bottom row

start from the left blank pin / hdd led + , hdd led - / skip 2 pins / Pwrswitch + , pwrswitch - / skip 1 pin / reset switch + , reset switch - ,

that should help u out on that portion as for the 1394 the case has a illastration on that is assembeled and so should ur card , if they both 6 pins or 4 pins it is a matter of rewiring the pins to make em match , or if 1 is 6 ad the other 4 then you will need that adapter . i dont use 1394 i found them to be useless after usb 2.0 came out ....

mw    0

8)Fantastic , thanks for your help raptor !!!!!!!!!!

I have now got the power led and pc speaker working , I'm nearly there now ! The power led needed a one pin space beside the positive and negative connection.

Now i still have the problem with the audio jacks in the front of the centurion530 case, how do i connect these to my motherboard or soundcard?

The top firewire port goes inside the case and ends with a black adaptor which has 1394 written on its side. As i mentioned before , i have a pci firewire port and internally it also has an additional firewire plug. So im am looking for a 1394 into standard firewire adaptor?????????????? Any ideas folks ??????????

RaptorFury    0

hmmm i cant find squat on the front audio out puts on ur board . the fire wire is hooked up just like a usb port .... i need a picture of the firewire card looking at the back side where the pins are located at