Sign in to follow this  
excezz

Realpower 550w intermittent buzzing

excezz    0

Hi, was wondering if any of you folks have this problemw with realpower 550w?

Once in a while, you'll hear this electronic buzzing from behind the PSU. This happens at random even if the pc is shut down (power switch is still on). It'll just be a short buzz here and there, sometimes there's nothing at all. I'm wondering if it's the auto voltage transformer making that sound or what? is this normal?

Everything seems to run fine tho.

My specs are:

MSI Neo4-F

1gig ram

Powercolor X800XL

Maxtor 120Gig

TDK DVDrw

Please advise.

merovingian    0

Interesting you say that. So a buddy of mine at caltech is working his way through college by working for psychic geeks hotline. Basically it's fortune telling for nerds (good money by the way), mostly home users call to find out things that might happen to their computers (spyware, viruses, system failure, you get the poinnt) but you do get the occasional system admin that wants to know if the network is going to go down while they are on vacation or if the if the illegal file shareing servers and torrent sites they are serving on corporate bandwidth are going get raided. Anyway, back on topic. So the guy knows it's bullshit cause you obviously can't read minds but hey, it's $2 a minute in his pocket, right? So what he does is ask them things like what their computer sounds like amoung other things and he says that if the PSU buzzes he tells them EVERYTIME that their system is going to die. So get this, he told me that EVERY person that told him that they noticed the psu make noise, not only told him that he was right, but that the PSU failure resulted in losing everything on their hard drives, EVERYTIME! Sleep tight and welcome to the forums. :wink:

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

Its called coil noise alot of psu's sometimes get it my new psu an enermax noisetaker also has coil noise.

merovingian    0
Its called coil noise alot of psu's sometimes get it my new psu an enermax noisetaker also has coil noise.

Your days are numbered my friend. I predict that as each day passes your computer gets closer to death and so do you.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

Your days are numbered my friend. I predict that as each day passes your computer gets closer to death and so do you.

update burn in yourpsu for a few days and it goes away.

as for the death thing mero yes of course im closer to death than i was yesterday it happens to all of us as your brain stops regenerating when you reach 17/18.

merovingian    0

update burn in yourpsu for a few days and it goes away.

as for the death thing mero yes of course im closer to death than i was yesterday it happens to all of us as your brain stops regenerating when you reach 17/18.

Psychic prediction is once again correct.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

mero if we ever met you know i'd say predict this, then you'd say i predicted that and id get even more cross.

and i forgot to mention the computers life part, mtbf.

merovingian    0
mero if we ever met you know i'd say predict this, then you'd say i predicted that and id get even more cross.

and i forgot to mention the computers life part, mtbf.

I knew you were going to say that.

merovingian    0
Interesting you say that. So a buddy of mine at caltech is working his way through college by working for psychic geeks hotline. Basically it's fortune telling for nerds (good money by the way), mostly home users call to find out things that might happen to their computers (spyware, viruses, system failure, you get the poinnt) but you do get the occasional system admin that wants to know if the network is going to go down while they are on vacation or if the if the illegal file shareing servers and torrent sites they are serving on corporate bandwidth are going get raided. Anyway, back on topic. So the guy knows it's bullshit cause you obviously can't read minds but hey, it's $2 a minute in his pocket, right? So what he does is ask them things like what their computer sounds like amoung other things and he says that if the PSU buzzes he tells them EVERYTIME that their system is going to die. So get this, he told me that EVERY person that told him that they noticed the psu make noise, not only told him that he was right, but that the PSU failure resulted in losing everything on their hard drives, EVERYTIME! Sleep tight and welcome to the forums. :wink:

Clearly nobody is going to call B.S. here, was it that blindingly obvious? :lol: