Pronoy

Cooler Master portal not working

Pronoy    0

The cooler master portal which I downloaded from the official website (and which correctly detects the keyboard) is not working. As shown in the attachment everything except the UPDATE FW button is disabled. I updated the software regularly only to get the message that it is already updated and the current and updated firmware version are both same i.e. V1.08.00. Further on checking the settings tab I realize that the software version is V1.01. I am unaware whether the firmware and software in this case refer to the same however,  the portal is still not working.

issue.PNG

issue 2.PNG

Mohd Noh    29
On 3/28/2020 at 1:37 PM, Pronoy said:

The cooler master portal which I downloaded from the official website (and which correctly detects the keyboard) is not working. As shown in the attachment everything except the UPDATE FW button is disabled. I updated the software regularly only to get the message that it is already updated and the current and updated firmware version are both same i.e. V1.08.00. Further on checking the settings tab I realize that the software version is V1.01. I am unaware whether the firmware and software in this case refer to the same however,  the portal is still not working.

issue.PNG

issue 2.PNG

should be fine

vcm.thumb.jpg.9f5f4d83f9a8e372be63aee48bf7fff8.jpg

Marc Renner    1

Same problem.  The software to update the firmware FAILS.  Actually it will offer to update the firmware over and over and over, with the same result every time -- no update happens.

Also when I run the Cooler Master software I'm told the current FW version V1.01.00 and the Firmware Update Version is 1.00.02.  Most people I know would think that  V1.01.00 would be newer than a V1.00.02, but maybe Cooler Master uses a counter-intuitive versioning scheme.

But the thing that bugs me the most is the completely unresponsive technical support I've received for my ticket on this issue.  The silence is deafening.  Cooler Master can only hide their lack of customer care behind the excuse of a "global pandemic has workers at home" for so long.  Eventually it becomes evident that as long as they get the original sale $ for their products, that's all they care about. 

There is no real desire to support the end user -- not even to respond to a support ticket with a acknowledgement that their is an issue.

• Upvote 1

ppdickey    1

I started tweeting at the CEO:  @bryantn1981.

Where is the Cooler Master support team? Nobody answers the phone all month. No reply to any service ticket this month. Your store is closed. Announcement about "issues with CRM system" persists. The 1 mod in your Fanzone forum has gone dark for a week. What's up?

ppdickey    1

Somebody responds relatively promptly on Facebook messenger (probably their marketing team), but only with the tired form letter I've seen on their Twitter feed:  

"Thank you for reaching out.

First of all, thank you for your patience and understanding. Times like these are rough for everyone. The current situation has caused our team operate from home and to not operate to their full capacity. As a result we're not able to provide the level of customer support we strive to offer, for which we apologize.

At the moment we're doing out utmost best to process as many support tickets as possible without making concessions on the quality. We will get back to your ticket as soon as possible.

Also, due to the current global situation, we do not have any stock on inventory to send out for RMAs and are unable to get more at the moment. We will process your RMA as soon as we are able to restock on products.

My apologies that this is taking so long. We all just want everything to return to normal."