Sign in to follow this  
Pion

Centurion 530: help stealth faceplate are too tight!

Pion    0

i bought this case few day ago and the problem is the stealth faceplates are too tight, my dvd drive can't push it thru.

you will see what i meant (5mb video) faster download if you do right click "save as":

update:

Divx (2.5mb) : http://www.mir2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pion/divx.avi

video2: http://www.mir2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pion/divx2.avi

any1 have this problem before or just me?

thx

CHEESEWHiZ    0

Ok, well I don't have time to watch the video now but did you take the front faceplate off, put the drive in, put the faceplate back on and position the little piece of plastic for hitting the button?

Hybrid-Mods    0

Seems like the disc tray instead of sliding while pushing the faceplate out.. it is catching it and getting stuck, looks misaligned to me. Try the faceplate just a bit lower..

xstax    0

I could be wrong but I'm hearing a lot of friction when it tries to open. Like something is out of place or too tight or something. The video is poorly lit so it's hard to really see what's going on. Add more backlight or shine something right on the drive and faceplate from the side and slightly back.

xstax    0

How's the movement on the stealth door when you move it without the drive pushing out?

It sorta looks like it's getting caught but those 2 raised pieces seem to be there to prevent anything from catching. Soo I'm wondering of the bottom edge of the door is rubbing or catching anything else.

Pion    0
How's the movement on the stealth door when you move it without the drive pushing out?.

the stealth door without the drive pushing out is quite stronge.

It sorta looks like it's getting caught but those 2 raised pieces seem to be there to prevent anything from catching. Soo I'm wondering of the bottom edge of the door is rubbing or catching anything else.

is smooth nothing rubbing or catching.

Hello Pion,

I saw your video and found the cause. Please remove the DVD cover in the front of the slide out bay for the drive to work.