PSU tester

titanx    0

Power Tester

Features: Meet Intel ATX Ver 2.03 spec;

Full test on +3.3V/+5V/+12V/-5V/-12V and +5Vsb output;

Auto test power with good signal LED;

Help prevent accidental damage to your computer;

Quick and easy method for testing your power supply;

Built in 25W 5.4 Ohm load generates steady output.

http://www.powmax.com

post-3-13880421241396_thumb.jpg

post-3-13880421241806_thumb.jpg

post-3-13880421242136_thumb.jpg

Joey    0

Is there a PSU tester which meets the newest ATX 12V V2.0 standard?

ATX Ver. 2.03 is very old standard. In fact, -5V has removed from Intel.

PoiZen    0

Umm, I hope I don't get into trouble for this, and remember we all are entitled to our opinions, but I wouldnt buy anything with the name Powmax on it. From my experience this equipment is made as cheap as any in the market place. Truly sub-standard

Karma Ghost    0
Umm, I hope I don't get into trouble for this, and remember we all are entitled to our opinions, but I wouldnt buy anything with the name Powmax on it. From my experience this equipment is made as cheap as any in the market place. Truly sub-standard

I concur; I've heard terrible things about their power supplies and wouldn't trust a product designed to test them.

...Proof that CoolerMaster should make a PSU tester!

... :D

Lucy-fer    0

Why should that? If people buy a good brandnamed power supply, you don't need it. And if a powersupply kills your hardware, it will be at the moment you started the whole kabang. And then, you can always attack the manufacturer of the power supply who sold a non-working, destructive power supply and ask reparations for the power supply + the hrdware which died with it. (and avoid trying to renew your whole computer, not everything can die :wink: )

Karma Ghost    0
Why should that? If people buy a good brandnamed power supply, you don't need it. And if a powersupply kills your hardware, it will be at the moment you started the whole kabang. And then, you can always attack the manufacturer of the power supply who sold a non-working, destructive power supply and ask reparations for the power supply + the hrdware which died with it. (and avoid trying to renew your whole computer, not everything can die :wink: )

That happened to me.... the only problem is the people who made the power supply were in Taiwan and never replied to any of my emails. Newegg was fabulous about RMAs though. Even sent me a different and better PSU.

The way I see it the PSU tester can be good because you can find other brands that won't kill your hardware. I wouldn't use it to test the new 350W CM PSU I got (Thanks guys!!!) but I would use it on like an included PSU in say a Powmax case.

Hybrid-Mods    0

I concur; I've heard terrible things about their power supplies and wouldn't trust a product designed to test them.

...Proof that CoolerMaster should make a PSU tester!

... :D

I agree with Karma, on this one. Karma did you get my PM i sent a bit ago?

Grump    0
...you can always attack the manufacturer of the power supply who sold a non-working, destructive power supply and ask reparations for the power supply + the hrdware which died with it.

I think you'll find in every manufacturer's warranty that their liability is limited to the product they manufacture, nothing more. Not many people do, but they should make sure a PSU works before plugging all their gear into it.

Grump

Karma Ghost    0

Yea I got it. Nice review, but I was wondering if you tested it for what kind of temps you'd get with that thing. And what case you put it in.

And I really would like to buy a power supply tester and test all of them, but I want to find a good PSU tester. Other than that I am willing to trust good PSUs from good brands.