Sign in to follow this  
mysticnas

CM Will you HELP? New Hyper 48 Scratches 2 in a row!

RaptorFury    0

well if it was me , i dont sweat the small stuff . i would have just gotten my lil ole trusty lapping kit ( usually just a piece of 1200 ) and my trusty good ole cutting board , and lapped it . it only takes a few minutes and plus i will allways hand lap a Hsf ( no matter where it came from ) as soon as i got it . no muss no fuss just happy times . not really Cm's Fault , or any ones fault for that matter :) happens . yes even tho you did get 2 Hsf's with similar scratches Blau Blau Blau , i wouldnt gotten upset at the second one because i would have just lapped the first one in the first place therefore never recieving the second one to get mad bout ......

mysticnas    0

it's the principle.

If you buy a car and find a scratch when it's delivered would you just go down to your local motor shop and buy a scratch filler??? No.

I know you're going to say that buying a car costing 1000's of £/$ isn't comparable to HSF costing £30/$70...

but like i said it's the principle!!!

i'm buying an important component, it plays a crucial role in a PC. And the most crucial part of that crucial component is the contact area. Now if i lap this component i'll be vioding the warrenty, fine if i choose to do it myself.

But if i have to lap becuase it isn't in prime condition on reciept, well that's just not right is it?

Another car analogy...

if you want to increase performance on a car your bore the engine through to increase flow. You void any manufacturers warrenty by doing that. That's fine, you've chosen to do it yourself.

If you have to bore that engine though cuz it's worn out and void the warrenty by doing so.

And how is it not CM's fault??? They make the HSF's, they ship them out. And they should quality check them before the packaging process (before putting the protective sticker on).

What is the point of the protective sticker if the contact area is already damaged???

:(

xstax    0
well if it was me , i dont sweat the small stuff . i would have just gotten my lil ole trusty lapping kit

See while you and mysticnas both have lapping kits I'm sure a lot of us don't. I've never even heard of one before this thread popped up. Fact of the matter is a product should not be shipped at all if it's not finished or worse yet is damaged. I happen to own a Hyper48 and mine came 100% as it should have been there's no excuse for some to be shipped perfect and other to just be so so. I still have the packaging as well and no where does it say some lapping may be required.

mysticnas    0

This reminds me of some Timberland shoes i bought some years ago.

I day after i bought them i wore them out, just walking around the streets, and they developed a tear. I took it back to the shop and they said they didn't have any more in branch and that i'd have to go to another city to get them replaced. They said it's better to get in touch with Timberland.

I called Timberland and want to know what the guy said???

"It's not my problem mate..."

After a lengthy conversation of me trying to explain to him that they were timberland shoes and faulty and the issue needed to be dealt with they he said "look i don't care, not my problem"

It was like talking to a brick wall. I told him i'd be calling Trading standards, he said "yeah yeah, go on whatever..." and hung up on me.

I was outraged by his behaviour. I scoured the Timberland website and found an email.

I told them the whole problem, including what the UK Timberland representive said.

Lo and behold, half a day later i got a call from someone with an American accent. It was someone from HQ in USA. He apologised, and had arrange to have a few pairs sent to me in compensation.

Maybe i should do this with CM? or maybe i should get straight in touch with trading standards and some other consumer groups?

Would that please CM?

One faulty component fair play (:) happens), but two with the same fault on a crucial area... It is totally unacceptable. :!:

RaptorFury    0

hmmm to ans the analogy , it depends on seriousness of the scratch a slight blemish yes i would take the time to fix But i would also make a note to tell the Sales Reps bout the current situation , now back to the Hsf you waited bout a week to get a replacement and now you are goin to wait even longer for yet another replacement ( god only knows it maybe scratched too ) so you got bout 2 weeks in waiting for a Hsf that it could have taken you roughly an hour or so to Lap a Hsf to use that peticular product . now i do understand your anger ( i couldnt think anything else at this time ) but i would have lapped the Hsf then contacted Cm with pictures bout the shape of the Hsf ... Now you sit there getting upset at Cm or other Companies that sells Cm products at the light blemish of a surface of a product that could have been fixed by you and you could have still told Cm or the other companies bout that .... solving 2 problems at one time 1) you be happy that ur new Hsf is on your comp and you been able to show Bro on how comps get put together 2) you also would have accomplished by notifing Cm about a condition of a product that you purchased therefore making Cm aware of it So they Maybe Able to fix that problem in the future ( maybe different packaging ) and while still maintaining a Great Posture With Cm . Logic Dictates Here . WOuld I wait 14 + days for to use a Product because of a slight blemish that i could very much possible fix ( almost anything can be ) with in an hour . My answer is this No I would Not Wait 14+ days i would go and fix the blemish . Anger Management at its finest

And to ans Xstax I am a Overclocker I will Push a cpu To the Breaking point and hold it there and then do it some more :twisted: i learned bout Lapping when i first Joined Up a Overclocking Forum bout 2 yrs ago , the basic principles of lapping a hsf is to get as many of the impirfections out ( Flatness ) also causing the Hsf more contact with the Cpu therfore cooling it even more you can gain 3-5 degrees C on aluminum 5-10 degrees on Copper ( greatly depends oen how well you lapped it i seen some that looks like a mirror ) again allowing you to ( in my case ) to Overclock it some more .....

mysticnas    0

Well, there goes the problem again, yes i could fix it, but it should be there.

If i just sat back and said oh it's fine, just make sure you don't do it again...i'm sure a lot of places wouldn't bother to rectify their problems.

If you buyt a TV for instance and it's not working like it should be. Maybe there's a button missing on the remote. Would you just get a spare button and fix your new remote?

I thought us british people are always acused of being too reserved :lol:

The whole point is that it shouldn't have come like that in the 1st place, but i was managing my anger and i let it pass. I've used CM stuff before and it's been fine. So ok, i've just happened to have gotten a dud component, just my unlcuky day.

But then again the replacement was damaged in the same way. It's not about packaging. It's about the manufacturing process. I assume that the protective sticker placed there soon after the HS has been machined??? And i assume that it's done by an automated process??? if it is done by hand then surely the person should have been able to see it's not worthy for being shipped out.

I would have been fine paying less for this HSF if it was sold as a B-grade component and lapping it.

I don't pay for something and expect it to not work as it's meant to.

I'm quite suprised that you said you'd fix the paint work on the car yourself. You must be loaded or summat if you can afford to pay for something sold at new prices thats not actually upto scratch (excuse the pun). :roll:

ID    0

Holy crap, two for two. Looks like a another story for CM Europe's quality control. Mysticnas, if I were you, I would be pretty pissed off as well. You're right in thinking that you shouldn't have to take any of this. If you can get another replacement sent to you, through CM or Novatech, make sure you specifically ask them to open the package themselves and have them personally insure that everything is as it should be.

RaptorFury    0

Well i am not loaded nor do i have a job at this time to get some things ( hence the reason for me entering contests , in hopes i can get stuff i need or want for my comp ) I didnt say go and let this sit idly by , all i suggested is mearly fix a solution and also notify Cm of a apprent issue . I just merly went off from ur other posts saying how you wanted to show your bro how to assemble comps and that a Hsf was getting in the way of that . you also stated that you have knowaladge in Lappin Hsf's and have the stuff required to do so , so i basically said was go forth lap the Hsf , But before doin so take pictures of it , then send off the pictures to Cm reps and explain the situation ( in a nice way ) , Now I also had a issue at one point with a cpu when i purchased it . I bought a 2500 barton core cpu for 150$ and when i opened the package i found out that it had a few bent pins , so i grabbed a camera took pics of it then i got a knife straightened the bent pins and put it in system and it worked , next then i wrote to Amd and the company i purchased the cpu from emailed then the pics of the shape of the Cpu and basically told em what i had to do , there responce was " we are terriby sorry for the inconvience this may have caused you and they will investigate this problem and they sent me a Amd shirt " the company said pretty much the same thing but they sent me a 20 $ gift certificate for any purchase in that store ....

Just so some of you know , I wouldnt have enterd a contest if i could afford all new stuff kinda defeats the purpose . i also wouldnt have Modded a case that is 3 yrs old and been modded by me 2 other times prior to this contest and if I did have the money it sure as heck would have been finished before entering this contest ( orginally i was goin to pull out of it because 1) i couldnt get a clear enough picture of it 2) because it wasnt finished . but because of a great person was nice enough to tell me that it was fine and encouraged me to get a better picture of it ( you know who you are ) so because of that person i decided to stick round this forum . i felt if he was willing to go out of his/her way to make me feel comfortable then definetly deserves my attention and help ( if available ) . so before questioning my motives or suggestions just remember that the other person on the other end is human too , and should be treated in a way as you want to be treated good thngs come to those who are pateint and understanding ....

xstax    0

RaptorFury regardless of wether you know about Lapping or not or your reasons for doing it the heatsink sure as heck shouldn't be leaving the factory scratched and :). Point is what the :) would someone that doesn't know about it do. They're stuck returning it until they get one that isn't scratched and that's BS.

RaptorFury    0

I understand ur point exactly , As i was equally upset when i found my pins on my cpu were bent , Now if you beleve that lapping hsf's and rebending pins on a cpu , making ur own Cpu water block is all inherent ( or something that goes Poof its in there you now know how to do things you are sadly mistaken ) Now the my main reason for this is because is it really worth the time the trouble and the aggravation , and threatening a company ( that allready has a good reputation for good quality products ) not to use there products ( in some cases there maybe a good solid reason ) i am mostly questioning the reason why for this ..... i dont work for Cm i dont sell there products , and i sure in the world dont represent them at all in any way shape or form .... now if waiting 2 + weeks ranting and raving ( basically that was done earlier ) for a replacement Part , out ways you showing a family member how things work ( and :) you could have also showed him how to lap a Hsf at the same time ) then by all means more the power to you to . And yes it should be brought up to Cm bout how there products are getting messed up , couldnt that still be resolved by simply telling Cm nicly and calmly that when you bought a Cm hsf it was Scratched ( showing them pics too ) and also telling them that you purchased a Lapping kit to fix it ( thats where u can bend the truth a lil ) because you didnt feel like waiting a couple of weeks for a replacement because you need that part today , and that the purpose of this email isnt telling ya i need a replacment it is pretty much letting you all know that there maybe a problem with ur packaging or assembly ( it is not like it was compltly mangled or unusable) . thats my arguement , he had the stuff and the knowaldge to fix it right then and there , and this whole thread wouldnt have had to happen .....

now what if he didnt know how to lap a hsf , ok Like i mentioned earlier i am part of a well reconized Overclocking forum and review site ( i will keep the name of that place and my name to me ) and if someone ever asks how do i Lap a Hsf ? i will most graciously go out of my way to help that person , no questions or strings attached . also will gladly help anyone who asks for help or if i dont know it i sure will find out how .... It isnt hard to find things out like that , thats how i figured out how to restraightened my pins on my cpu , i asked ..... now if he has exhausted all other means of communication ( which it is apprent that it wasnt bc they did send him a replacement wether or not it was scratched too they still sent him a replacement ) then go all out and do what you gotta do and heck i may even join on in wit ya .