Sign in to follow this  
mysticnas

CM Will you HELP? New Hyper 48 Scratches 2 in a row!

Is it really an RMA issue though?

You should still be well within your rights to return it to the retailer.

We buy these things for their smooth surfaces and high quality, but there can always be issues and the retailer should understand that and get them switched out.

mysticnas    0

well all i know is that they are replacing it and i should be getting it in the post very soon, by the end of the week at the latest. (i hope) :roll:

If it turns out to be a used unit or something I'm gonna flip!!! :evil: I wanted to rebuild my PC last weekend while my brother was still around. He wanted to know how to put one together. He's going this weekend so i had better get it by friday!

Well if they have agreed to send you a new one, is there any reason you shouldn't have it by tomorrow?

Who did you order it from?

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

novatech, and things from them tend to go missing.

mysticnas    0

i always use overclocks, scan, ebyer and kustompcs, but on this occasion i decided to take a look at novatec to see if they had it cheaper which they did.

that's why i went with them. I might give them another call actually.

mysticnas    0

oh man so annoyed..... :twisted:

Right he just said there's a replacement waiting to be dispatched since the weekend, "strange it's not been sent out already, i'll get it sent out today and you'll have it tomoorw"

why? why? why? do they not communicate with each other?

mysticnas    0

yes hopefully....

Ok so who thinks the base is going to good enough for me not to lapp it with fine paper?

I'll be using AS5 on it. I intend to rub some AS5 into the CPU sink and the HSF base and then wipe it off with a lint free clean cloth, then spread a very fine layer on the base of the HSF.

RaptorFury    0

If you cant lap it then you can for a short period of time , if you allready have the lapping kit then a few passes with the 1200 or 1500 should polish it right up . i have done worse hsf's where i had to use 220 grit to resurface it then work it down to 1200 still work's like a charm ( matter of fact it is one of the best hsfs i have ever owned LOL ) ...